Beermasons, Any Good?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Post from users about the current pack have been removed from their forums and they have closed facebook comments off so that we cant say anything bad about them.....

Still haven't received a reply to my email.

I would think an email apologizing to customers at this point would be the minimum they would do.

Edit: on a side note, anyone know of any similar beer subscriptions that focus on international beers? I know there is a couple of Aussie ones, but I'm more interested in a international selection.

email this one
[email protected]
got a reply this afternoon for mine.
i think the posts that have been removed are by members that are no longer members. i know im one of them.

jayahhdee said:
on a side note, anyone know of any similar beer subscriptions that focus on international beers? I know there is a couple of Aussie ones, but I'm more interested in a international selection.
http://www.internationalbeershop.com.au/ has a few different packs available.
I have never bought one so can't comment on quality.
One thing is you atleast see what your getting before you buy it.
You could also just make your own pack from there awesome selection.

no affiliations btw. In fact i have never bought from them although i have spent alot of time there window shopping. :icon_drool2:

An email I received from them at the beginning of the month:

Greetings fellow beer-lover

As you may be aware we suffered serious loss to our December delivery
and had to reschedule our latest pack. Unfortunately, a key pallet of
our replacement delivery has suffered a nasty mishap coming off the dock
which has thrown up a few new challenges.

So by now, we are certain you must be as thirsty as we are and your patience is close to worn thin!!!

When the world throws you lemons – you got to make lemonade. (We’d
prefer a throaty Belgian Dubble but you get the drift). And it is with
this desire for refreshment and the will to crack on with it, we are
rolling up our sleeves and sending out a bumper pack next week come hell
or high water!

So the times they are a-changin….

To accommodate our predominantly Northern Hemisphere brewers and overcome some ongoing-frustratingly-

maddening-logistical
conundrums – we have a new shipping schedule for Member shipments.
Orders are now annually processed as follows:

Pack 17: 6 February

Pack 18: 1 May

Pack 19: 1 August

Pack 20: 1 November

Optional Uber Pack: 1 December (open for pre-order in September)

New annual “uber” pack….

We are pleased to announce there will be an “Uber Pack” for dispatch in
December 2013. Pack details released in September for pre-ordering. So
stay tuned!

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR MEMBERS:

New website and contacts….

The BeerMasons website has now permanently moved to www.beermasons.com.au. If you have not logged into the new site, you will need to obtain a new password.

New email

We also have a new contact email and help desk. Please update your email address books to accept emails from [email protected]

If you need to contact us – please email [email protected] or reply to this email.
Somewhat explains the old stock...

Will88 said:
An email I received from them at the beginning of the month:

Somewhat explains the old stock...
i think you are missing the point. its actually illegal to sell food product that have past their use by date. would you really like to pay full price for a bottle of 2 year old american red. i dont hence why im out. for people that are making their business of promoting new and fresh beers direct to the member, they missed the point.
besides so they had two shipments that got damaged, so what, there are a shit load of small australian breweries that would of been able to make up the short fall.
also its not just one pack its been the last 4. it use to be you got maybe maximum of two same beers in the pack, the last one had 2/3 of it from the one brewery and a fair bit of that was well out of date or was missing date codes all together. the one before that was all one brewery so 4 different beers.
and lets not forget the promise they made to their members

the beermasons promise......

An always changing and interesting selection in every pack.
Excellent condition beer, timed to arrive at your door via the shortest route possible between brewery and you.
No parralel imports, aggregators or unlicensed distributors' beer - the brewer personally wants you to experience their beer!
Well researched, presented and useful tasting notes.
the last pack met none of these

Seems the Beermasons facebook page has now been shutdown, either that or they have blocked me from it....

jayahhdee said:
Seems the Beermasons facebook page has now been shutdown, either that or they have blocked me from it....
I'd say they got sick of having to check it every 5mins to delete the comments criticising them. :lol:

Just checked the website store funny how all the beers that have been there over the last 2 years aren't there anymore.

I don't believe for 1 minute they had shipment problems. More like going bust and pocketing whatever money they could from old stock.

jayahhdee said:
Post from users about the current pack have been removed from their forums and they have closed facebook comments off so that we cant say anything bad about them.....

Still haven't received a reply to my email.

I would think an email apologizing to customers at this point would be the minimum they would do.

Edit: on a side note, anyone know of any similar beer subscriptions that focus on international beers? I know there is a couple of Aussie ones, but I'm more interested in a international selection.
Beer Cartel have a monthly beer club that I'm a member of. I get the dozen pack which is 3 bottles of 4 different beers. The local v international content varies, but it's usually 2 local and 2 international.

Wonder how much it cost them. I got a refund on it and so did a few others I know.

As for shutting down their face book, the deserve what they get.

It is not "Illegal" to sell good past their used by, but it is certianly poor form to sned them out as fresh product,
I woudl like to know what went wrong at Beermasons, I must have referred 50 people to them, singing thier prasises , then it all went to shit, and

I just bought a Connoisseurs Pack from the International Beer shop. Waiting on a call for payment, but the web site seemed easy enough to navigate through. Hopefully the posting and delivery part is ok too.
I read a few online reviews and never saw a bad one. :icon_drool2:

Hey Gibbo, our web manager will call you Tuesday (public holiday on Monday).

Strangely we had a box from Bermasons delivered to us, addressed to my wife. She swears she hasn't ordered it and has no idea where it came from. It contains 16 lovely looking beers and one beer glass.

I'm certainly not complaining, but wondering if they're sending out random packages to promote themselves? Both of us had never anything to do with them.

Yeah, that's what I thought, too.
Just strange that this box turns up, addressed to my wife (who doesn't drink beer at all), and no one has come forward and said something.

I can only guess that it could be a present for me and whoever gave it was meant to tell my wife but forgot. Just puzzles me, and my wife even more so.

Hey, maybe it was someone from this site? Maybe Austin wants to thank me for all my great posts in the past?

Uuhhh.... I'm pleased to announce that I'm still officially a pro member... For now at least.

I better send Austin a PM and thank him then.

Back