Beermasons, Any Good?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BjornJ

Reaction score
Hi,
My (far) prettier half asked what I wanted for Christmas.
After a bit of back and forth I remember someone on here saying something about the BeerMasons club.
So I said that, just to want something other than good kids this year.

I got an email at work today, saying "your order is shipped from BeerMasons" so I'd say she ordered it ;)
Woohoo!

Anyone have any comments on the coming beer pack?
Anything really good?
Anything to pass off to some NBBC brethren as Christmas presents without trying it?

http://www.beermasons.com.au/

Apparently they send a box of "fancy beers" every season.

This is what I think is on the way..

Autumn_2011_Pack_Shot_copy.jpg

Haven't had the chance/finances to join yet but have been checking out the packs as they post on the site. All I can add is I'm still very keen to join up, from the comments of others on the beers they send out, a fair amount of them seem to be well worth it.

They are a good group, with good products. I think it's a great idea. Enjoy!

Got a membership for xmas last year and have enjoyed it...

I looked at it years ago and they weren't really getting anything exciting but that isn't the case now. Quarterly I get a bunch of beers that are just unavailable in Aus.

If you like trying new beers it is definitely worth being a member.

The pack pictured was maybe two packs ago.. Not sure if you'll get that one or the latest pack (I only got it 2 days ago). I definitely recommend Beermasons. It is a bit of money but you tend to get your hands on beers that you otherwise couldn't get in Australia and I'd say I've enjoyed about 95% of the beers I've received over the last year that I've been with the club.

The pack pictured was maybe two packs ago.. Not sure if you'll get that one or the latest pack (I only got it 2 days ago). I definitely recommend Beermasons. It is a bit of money but you tend to get your hands on beers that you otherwise couldn't get in Australia and I'd say I've enjoyed about 95% of the beers I've received over the last year that I've been with the club.

Hi Will,
any comments or reviews on what was in the pack you just got?

Thanks guys for the feedback, can't wait :lol:

Current pack has:

The Lost Abbey - Red Barn
Port Brewing Co. - Mongo
Port Brewing Co. - Shark Attack
Port Brewing Co. - Wipeout
Ska Brewing Co. - Pin Stripe Red Ale
Ska Brewing Co. - Ska Modus Hoperandi
Ska Brewing Co. - Ska True Blonde
Wigram Brewing Co. - Captain Cook's Spruce Beer
Wigram Brewing Co. - Morning Glory Golden Ale

Picked mine up from the post office yesterday, don't even have room in the fridge to get them cold.

Mate the current pack is a Little ripper if you are into AIPA'S, DAIPA'S, AAA'S and DAAA's. There are some pretty big beers in there from some great US brewers. I have only had three beers from it so far and they have all been really nice.

This may not be the pack you get however. On their website they usually have the pack for new memberships displayed.
If it turns out to be the one in the picture you posted you shouldn't be disappointed. From memory some really nice AIPA's a nice Belgian pale ale and some nice brown ales and a stout are among them.

If you keep an eye on the 'what's in the glass (commercial)' thread I have noticed that bconnery and Spork (think I got the user names right) will often review the Beermason packs.

cheers and enjoy
Brad :beer:

bjorn if you get the current pack i can assure you that you wont like the red barn, just send the bottle over to me, ill look after i mean dispose of it properly.
ive been a member for a fair few years now, i think my members number is just in the 700s. well worth it i dont think ive had a beer that i havent enjoyed yet. and the extras are pretty cool as well

It's cool having the little packs turn up each season (like 4 more birthdays a year) and there is some really great beers in there!

My only gripes have been with trying to contact them and the lack of range in the online bottleshop.

I spent a couple of weeks trying to get my password for the members area of the site & it was only due to Fents sending me one of their personal email addresses that I was able to contact them

Beermasons cost me a fortune!
If it wasn't for them, I'd still think Crownies were a premium beer an James Squire a craft beer...
Then again, I'd still be swilling Toohey's red cans too, instaed of delicious home brew, for 1/8 the price.

The BM packs are always interestijng. There have been some beers I haven't particularly enjoyed, but haven't had a tipper outerer yet. The beers I haven't been enamoured with are probably great beers for their type, it's just not a type I particularly enjoy. Have been some real surprises too. Styles I haven't tried and would have been unlikley to try and have ended up as favourites!

If you don't have a good local bottleshop with a large and eveolving range of craft and import beers, go for it. If you do have such a bottle shop nearby - join BM anyway! It will broaden your beer horizons in a very pleasant way. :)

thanks guys.

Barls, I'll see how it goes. If there's any Belgians in there you might get something in your stocking this year :D

Bjorn

You want to calm down a bit there mate, only having a bit of a dig

No worries man, I probably shouldn't have put that "again" in caps to, I can understand how it could be taken a bit too harshly.

To be honest it was a bit of an excuse to use that .gif ^_^

Got my Beer Masons box today!!

photo__1_.JPG

photo__2_.JPG

photo__3_.JPG

photo__4_.JPG

Contained a couple of krieks that I might have to pass off to Barls next time I see him. Not drinking that again, that's for damn sure.

Really excited about the rest of the beers, though!
I put one of the "Downtown Brown" beers in the freezer for a quick semi-chill.

The danish Bgedal (meaning "Valley of Gays" in Norwegian but I am sure it means something much nicer in Denmark where it is brewed) looks intriguing.
It says it's a Dark Muscavado whatever that means. It was bottled 2 years ago.

The tasting notes talks of notes of vanilla and coco, exiting stuff!
photo__6_.JPG

Wahoo oriels coming my way. I'll swap you for a couple of stouts or ipas

Mate, that Oud Beersal kreik is magnificent!
Try it.

Last years "Uber box" was $180. A bit rich for me.
However, I got an email mid Jan saying there were a few left 0 $90 (pp)
Mine finally arrived today...

Bogedalpack.jpg

BogedalPorse.jpg

BogedalMorkmuscovado231.jpg

BogedalMork233.jpg

BogedalLys235.jpg

BogedalLys1.jpg

BogedalGlydenBogedal220.jpg

mmmmm...

Latest posts

Back