Beermasons, Any Good?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok have just been speaking to someone there. Some emails are coming through but not all. Mine were in this category. She will be looking in to why it's happening. Anyone having problems email this address [email protected] and she will sort it out. They are also having huge problems with the new site as well which they are trying to fix

Being majorly disappointed with the last pack.( $144 for 16 beers with there being 4 sets of triples of reasonably cheap and not so special US beers all from the same brewery) I contacted beermasons to let them know i wasnt impressed. After no reply ( like every other time I emailed them) I wrote on there Facebook wall which was answered within 30mins saying how sorry they where and asked for my email to see if they could correct my order.

After swapping an email or 2 sorting out account details they have stopped replying.
The original Facebook message has been deleted now as I guess they do not want to show someone isn't impressed with there services
Makes me wonder how many unsatisfied customers there are out there who have just been swept under the rug.

This company is a joke they ignore emails and the beers are no where near worth the money spent quarterly.
Save your pennies and buy from other online stores or Make the trip to a store with a big selection atleast that way you wouldn't be stuck with 12 bland beers worth $100.

Rant over just thought others thinking of joining this club might like to hear from an unsatisfied customer.

Being majorly disappointed with the last pack.( $144 for 16 beers with there being 4 sets of triples of reasonably cheap and not so special US beers all from the same brewery) I contacted beermasons to let them know i wasnt impressed. After no reply ( like every other time I emailed them) I wrote on there Facebook wall which was answered within 30mins saying how sorry they where and asked for my email to see if they could correct my order.

After swapping an email or 2 sorting out account details they have stopped replying.
The original Facebook message has been deleted now as I guess they do not want to show someone isn't impressed with there services
Makes me wonder how many unsatisfied customers there are out there who have just been swept under the rug.

This company is a joke they ignore emails and the beers are no where near worth the money spent quarterly.
Save your pennies and buy from other online stores or Make the trip to a store with a big selection atleast that way you wouldn't be stuck with 12 bland beers worth $100.

Rant over just thought others thinking of joining this club might like to hear from an unsatisfied customer.
post 13 in this thread or any other beer masons thread on Ahb. you'd be better off spending ur dollars urself and buying beers from a good supplier like purvis etc.

I certainly understand why some people may be fed up with Beermasons or don't think it's the best value and while I agree on some parts they do import a few beers that no one else has touched and have introduced me to a few very interesting styles and breweries that I other wise wouldn't have touched.

If it wasn't for beermansons I wouldn't know the joy of smoked beers or sour beers, yes its expensive but if i was to walk out of one of the better craft beer supplies with the same number of beers I would probably end up out of pocket to a similar degree.

Each time I have dealt with Renee I have been fortunate I suppose.

If it wasn't for beermansons I wouldn't know the joy of smoked beers or sour beers, yes its expensive but if i was to walk out of one of the better craft beer supplies with the same number of beers I would probably end up out of pocket to a similar degree.
Not sure where your shopping mate but if you go in to a store like 'Warner's at the bay' you would be paying no where near the same amount. And you also wouldnt come out with multiples of a beer you have never tried .

mate heres a link to their forum. buy ore importantly a request list for future beers.
http://www.beermasons.com.au/forum/beer-wish-list

Why should I be spending my time suggesting beers for them to find ? Isn't that why your paying them In the first place so it just turns up on your door?
My suggestion to them would be send 16/18 different beers like what you would expect and what they claim ! especially considering there online store has multiple beers for sale which haven't been in a pack.

Some of those suggestions in that thread are ridiculous. Three Floyds Dark Lord? The only way I got a bottle was because some guy died and it was sold to me in a deceased estate auction.

Why should I be spending my time suggesting beers for them to find ? Isn't that why your paying them In the first place so it just turns up on your door?
My suggestion to them would be send 16/18 different beers like what you would expect and what they claim ! especially considering there online store has multiple beers for sale which haven't been in a pack.
goldenchild
apart from the packs for sale in there. just about every beer in the store has been in a pack at one stage or another.
got all the tasting notes to prove it as well as ive been a member from near the start. member number 124 i think cant find the little key atm.
so you would rather not get multiples of each beer, but rather would prefer one of each, can say i agree as there has been some ripper beers in there and i would of been disappointed if i only got one.
if this is the case have you let them know your preference or are you still just keeping it to yourself and bitching on here.

lukie hence why its a wish list. its there so we can make suggestions about breweries we hear so much about but can never get our hands on.

i mean seriously where would i have gotten my hands on the bodedal or even heard about it.

if this is the case have you let them know your preference or are you still just keeping it to yourself and bitching on here.

Go back and read all my posts in this thread about emails going upon deaf ears. And then finnaly getting in contact via Facebook only to have them ask to contact them via email which was ignored in the end and my wall post deleted.
It seems as though they can't handle any negative feedback and that any email questions are just too hard to reply to but posting crap all over Facebook and twitter isn't?

I understand that you really enjoy the club that's fine. Good on you

There is many great beers already available in this country throughout the many craft stores without paying $575 a year for some couple to go on a lovely holiday to find some beers to bring back.

I was also pretty disappointed with the last pack and ended up cancelling my subscription. Having 3/4 of the pack from the same brewery seemed very lazy in my opinion.

Having said that i completely agree with jayahhdee that being a beermasons member allowed me to try ads enjoy many different styles that I otherwise would never have. It was worth it for a while to expand my beer knowledge, but I now find it too hard to justify the costs.

My 2 cents.

Yes the last pack is pretty average,
I actaully got 12 of the same lame pale ales in my pack, which they have corrected, although I havbe not yet picked it up form the PO
Certianly a very poor selection for a Winter pack,
I aslo cant stand Old Viscosity... and the black heart weizen was a drainpour
I think Ill give them one more chance, if they fail, Ill bail

I drank the weizen, but only just. I thought maybe I just didn't like the style, although I know I have had some decent ones.
Enjoyed the "Old viscosity". Bit of a stout fan but... Expected more stouts / porters in a winter pack. The autumn pack also had a few I think would be better in the warmer months.
Summer pack was awesome.

If I lived closer to Akland cellars or similar I wouldn't bother with BM membership, but I don't. I only have one (really) good bottle shop nearby, and although they keep getting "new" beers in, their craft / import beers have limited shelf (fridge) space and thus limited range.

Looking forwards to the Spring pack...

Just cancelled my subscription, very disappointed in the most recent pack.

It is nowhere near the quality I experienced from them early on.

I can no longer recommend them as a good craft beer subscription.

Sorry to hear barls. Sounds like they just cleaned out the old stock. Possibly going under?? Bloody disgraceful anyway.

When you dont get a reply to your emails post on there facebook. That was the only way i managed to get a reply.
Although after they confirmed my membership they stopped replying and deleted my posts.

I'm very glad i got out when i did.
There is such a large selection of great beers in the many craft bottle stores these days you will never miss the odd good beer you got from BM.

ill give them a day to reply then ill start tweeting pics of the use by dates.

i did use to get replies from the one email address i posted earlier.

barls said:
ill give them a day to reply then ill start tweeting pics of the use by dates.

i did use to get replies from the one email address i posted earlier.
Whats happened? beers out of date? which ones, i just got the latest pack...

got a reply no longer subscribed to them.
half the beers were well over a year out of date. the double red i got was 2 years old, 2/3 of the pack was from previous packs. only the gueeze and imperial stout are worth it as they can take a bit of age.
check your bottling dates and you will see what i mean.
have a read of the beer advocate thread i linked and you will see exactly what i mean.
if your not happy email renee on [email protected] to discuss it

also when they promise that new and different beers each pack and they dont deliver its a problem.

citymorgue2 said:
post 13 in this thread or any other beer masons thread on Ahb. you'd be better off spending ur dollars urself and buying beers from a good supplier like purvis etc.
Just had a look at that Purvis and holy hell, that place is expensive. >$100 for a carton of Little Creatures + $25 shipping? They're dreaming.

Latest posts

Back