Beerfest 2012 Judging And Stewarding

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rich_lamb

Reaction score
Beerfest 2012
Final call for Judges and Stewards

This is an open request for Judges and Stewards for BEERFEST, which will be held at Grand Ridge Brewery, Mirboo North, from Friday 10th Feb to Saturday 11th Feb 2012.

Full details of the competition can be found on the website: beerfest linky

Brewers are encouraged to participate in the Judging and Stewarding activities, experienced or novice. We emphasise that no qualifications are necessary, and novice judges will be placed with more experienced judges. Feel free to give judging a go even if you've never done it before - it's a great way to explore beer styles, get understanding of what brewers are doing, and learn a LOT about brewing.

BEERFEST 2012 Format

Beerfest includes three judging sessions:

FRIDAY (Starting time 7.00 PM)

SATURDAY Morning (Starting time 9.30 AM)

SATURDAY Afternoon (Starting time 2 PM)

Details of the styles being judged are available from the beerfest website.

To register your interest, please email [email protected]. and specify:

Name, Contact phone number, Availability for Friday 7pm, Saturday 9.30am and Saturday 2pm

Judges are discouraged from judging categories which they have also eneterd in. The roster will be drawn up to try to ensure that this situation is avoided. Please do not nominate categories that you are planning on entering.
Places are filling up but there are still opportunities if you want to be involved, so be quick!

As Richard said we're still looking for judges, but just as importantly folks who want to come down and have a great weekend with like minded brewers!

We are hoping this year to have a band on Saturday evening, and of course the traditional golf round will take place on Friday afternoon from around 1pm leading into the judging session Friday evening.

If anyone wants to play golf just let me know so that we can secure numbers on the course.

Cheers!

Andy

I have put my name down but waiting for confirmation. Since entry forms weren't available last time I checked (couple of days ago), I haven't confirmed what my entries will be (and therefore which categories I shouldn't be judging).

Thanks Manticle,

Online entry is open on CompMaster now, and I'm just waiting for our webmaster to get the new offline entry form up on the web. Should happen in the next 48 hours.

Looking forward to sharing a few fine beers with you at the comp!

Andy

Cheers Andy. Just emailed Richard with the categories I may possibly enter so should get sorted.

Will enter as soon as possible.

For the first time, I actually have a beer on hand that I'd be proud to put in the ring, but I'm getting SQL errors on the entry app. Is that what you're talking about Andy when you mention it's a WIP?

Hey Nick - can you send me the errors you're getting so that I can look into it?

Thanks!

Andy

Sure. I select Victoria - Beerfest from the Open Competitions menu and get this output:

user warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 query: SELECT COUNT(*) as num from `specialaccess` where `compinstid`=0 AND `uid`=; in /webroot/c/o/compm001/compmaster.com.au/www/sites/all/modules/CompMaster/compmaster_core/core_database.inc on line 246.
Competition Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999
Address:
Map Reference:

Sure. I select Victoria - Beerfest from the Open Competitions menu and get this output:

user warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 query: SELECT COUNT(*) as num from `specialaccess` where `compinstid`=0 AND `uid`=; in /webroot/c/o/compm001/compmaster.com.au/www/sites/all/modules/CompMaster/compmaster_core/core_database.inc on line 246.
Competition Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999
Address:
Map Reference:

Thanks Nick - I'm on it now - patched it to stop the problem I think, but shot you a PM for a little more info.

Cheers!

Andy

:( Sigh. Have no beer to enter.

Summer has meant I've drunk it all.

I really need to get my ducks in a row next time.

Hopper.

:( Sigh. Have no beer to enter.
Summer has meant I've drunk it all.
I really need to get my ducks in a row next time.
Hopper.

Bummer, although it will give some other blokes a chance to take out the strong Belgians! B)

Bummer, although it will give some other blokes a chance to take out the strong Belgians! B)

Haha. True. Gotta admit I'm over Belgians a tad at the moment. Gotta find me a new thang. Have some new year's brewing resolutions to make!

Decisions, decisions! Good luck to all entrants though.

Hopper.

my strong belgian could be a little green :)
should have 5 or 6 entries

BTW Andy - Patch seems to have worked. I was getting same error message as nick until i logged out and back in again. seems to work now

unfortunately I cant make the event so i cant judge :(

I enourage other to attend/judge/steward at a top weekend and comp

I looked over the site yesterday and couldn't see any info on where I should drop off the entries, am I blind (probably) or is it just not up there yet?

Should be in a psoition to update the judge roster on the Melbourne Brewers site soon - big thanks to all those who've volunteered so far.

And once again its a big turnout for first-timers! I do love the line, "Hi Rich, I've never judged before but I thought I'd give it a go..."

This state will soon be awash with keen beer judges. I have not yet found a better rationale for drinking beer.

Should be in a psoition to update the judge roster on the Melbourne Brewers site soon - big thanks to all those who've volunteered so far.

And once again its a big turnout for first-timers! I do love the line, "Hi Rich, I've never judged before but I thought I'd give it a go..."

This state will soon be awash with keen beer judges. I have not yet found a better rationale for drinking beer.
Thats great so long as we have 1 exp judge per table. Its great to see so many people intetested in judging/stewarding.

Back