Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it was decided at last nights brew meeting that we will brew 400 litres of my black ale
this is a real crowd pleaser
i wont post the formula as it wouldnt sit well with the established forum users here
speedie :drinks:

i wont post the formula as it wouldnt sit well with the established forum users here
I know a secret too. A really secret secret the kind the everyone would want to know. Top secret even. Can't tell you though.

it was decided at last nights brew meeting that we will brew 400 litres of my black ale
this is a real crowd pleaser
speedie :drinks:

oh please tell us the secret formula for the beer!
without it I can only guess how much secret brew booster #58 to use :(

oh please tell us the secret formula for the beer!
without it I can only guess how much secret brew booster #58 to use :(

25 cans of homebrand stout, 25kgs of dextrose. Take a huge dump in the fermenter 3 days prior to bottling your 400 litres

25 cans of homebrand stout, 25kgs of dextrose. Take a huge dump in the fermenter 3 days prior to bottling your 400 litres

I'm sure I read somewhere that you'll get clearer beer from ferment dumping instead of dry dumping.

Mash dumping helps flocc yeast, and prevents chill haze. So I hear....

it was decided at last nights brew meeting

freaks_c.jpg

I'm sure I read somewhere that you'll get clearer beer from ferment dumping instead of dry dumping.

What if i tried the same mash schedule with 2 row and 6 row malt, ale and pils malt, different types of yeast and different types of hop........ split them all into 200 litre batches and dry dump in one batch and ferment dump in the other?

I bet my aggotts that there would be less than 15% of the tasters get one yeast strain indentified from the others :D

I'm starting to shake thinking about it............

I know a secret too. A really secret secret the kind the everyone would want to know. Top secret even. Can't tell you though.
I doff my cap to you, sir.

Back