Beer Wenches ;-p

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wimbymoonshine

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wondering whether everyone on this site is male or are there any females out there into homebrewing?

Edit: I don't mean to suggest that wimbymoonshine is the kind of person that would ask for naked pictures, but just thought it was a humourous, and slightly relevant comic :)

Wouldn't normally reply to a post like this - I am a "female" & I brew - most of the first brewers of beer were women so I cant see what the fuss is. Have you checked out the beer &b rewer magazine edition 2 - has a great article on women in brewing (albeit could never see a home brewing bloke on the front cover posed naked in a glass of beer selling many mags to a majority male dominated hobby!)

among the people I know that home brew, there are a number of blokes who claim to brew but there partner seems to do a lot of sterilising & cleaning - all the crappy, least rewarding stuff.

Sorry for the diatribe - Yes I'm female - i am also into beer in a major way (quality not quantity) - I love "all malt" beers and this is the majoirity of brews that I make, mainly ambers. Cant wait to get my hands on some Nelson Sauvin hops to experiment with.

On Sunday I had the pleasure of being up at Potter's Brewery at Cessnock during judging for the NSW B&T comp. Being very much the novice it was a great learning experience for me. I wasn't made to feel at all out of place as the only female there and the guys were more than happy to share their wealth of knowledge with me. Thanks guys.

I agree with Shazzam, a lot of women are doing a lot of things in the homebrewing world and they may not be getting the full recognition they deserve, so hopefully more female brewers will enter competitions thus gaining recognition for their skills.

Maybe the original question "Just wondering whether everyone on this site is male or are there any females out there into homebrewing?" was an innocent question. I've often wondered how many women are on this forum and if identifying as a female brewer would encourage other females to become involved, I happily put my hand up and say I'm a female brewer!

Shazzam, I'm with you on the malty beers I love them and looking forward to hearing about your results on your experiments with the Nelson Sauvin hops. I also agree with you on the quality over quantity but sometimes the quality can lead to an excess of quantity, or maybe thats just me. :lol:

Slainte
Carol

AHB is a pretty 'blokey' environment but there are still quite a few female members, including atleast one of our moderators.
Considering she hasn't put her hand up in here, I'll leave the guesswork up to you.... :)

and guys, braufrau means brewchick in German... for those of you who missed that.

uhhh yeah...guys...open your eyes.....:) Braufrau's been here a while......DEFINITELY not a boy's club, in fact tangent was just saying the other day how we need more chicky brewers! Someone's got to clean the glasses...... :p (just joking, just joking.....)
In fact, my wife is about to take her first few steps into brewing with the brewboy very soon, having finally developed a taste for one of the beers I knocked out...(FINALLY.............)

I say girls welcome. You're all MUCH better to look at than the rest of these hairy sweaty characters.... :lol:

there are a number of blokes who claim to brew but there partner seems to do a lot of sterilising & cleaning - all the crappy, least rewarding stuff.

I wouldn't dare ask my missus to do my brew cleaning!!!

Back