Beer @ The Footy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kleiny

There is no Charge for Awesomeness
Reaction score
Im going to the G on the weekend and dont want to drink their over priced under alc% shiiiiiiiiit.

I was originally going to try and get a 1.25l coke bottle one of the caffiene free ones that at one stage where not clear so you couldnt see in it and refill it from the keg. I couldn't find one.

So now i have a creamy soda bottle, color looks like my beer and plan on using a new PET lid so as the seal is unbroken.

What ideas have you come up with to get beer into places like the G?

I think the only bottles you are allowed to take in are water bottles so your best to take you beer in a thermist because they check bags at the gates and when they see a thermist they presume its coffee or milo. But if you have any success let me know cause I go every week and pay for overpriced beer, especially the night games when they serve midstrength.

get an mcc members and drink matilda bay offerings at the members bar, even out of stubbies! :drinks:

but yea last time i went i just took a hip flask (in the dacks) with bourbon in it.

sounds like you bring in an unopened home brand water bottle filled with vodka or rum! :beerbang:

I usually prefer to goto a local pub for beers before hand. I hear the royal hotel has good service too! The emoticon says it all. :icon_chickcheers:

What ideas have you come up with to get beer into places like the G?
They check bags and I'm not sure what (if any) bottles they allow you to bring in.
However, I've not ever seen them do coat/body searches, so with a big coat (duffle coat, trench coat, parker) you should be able to fit a stubby or two in each of the pockets and simply walk in with them, however since glass-bottles are not allowed and may attract attention, maybe 600ml PET bottles would be a better option.

maybe 600ml PET bottles would be a better option.

Surely a nice porter in a 600ml Coke PET bottle would look fairly innocent. You could probably drink that in plain sight and nobody would be the wiser.

Go to the Royal first and watch the strippers and get pissed before you go.
Then hide a hip flask inside your jacket full of your fav liquor

Rook

Can't help with this specific plan, but I used to travel v-line a fair bit and would put a few of my brews in bundy ginger beer bottles so I didn't have to pay 5 bucks for a can of VB on the train.

maybe i could counter pressure fill a footy with my HB and then just pretend its full of air B)

Thats a decent idea earle i have a camel back that could hold a good amount of beer.

Go to the Royal first and watch the strippers and get pissed before you go.
Then hide a hip flask inside your jacket full of your fav liquor

Rook

They still have em huh, Cricketers Arms was another. Those were the days, strippers 12 noon/football 2pm/fighting 4 pm/strippers post match. In that order especially when the bombers were playing, Go Cats!. Havent been for 10 years but gee we had fun. Now they lock you up or banish you to a dry area, wowsers.

camel back will hold some pressure but remember to periodically vent it. otherwise its messy! trust me. ive done it with beer, scotch and dry, bourbone and dry etc etc etc.

ive also taken thermos' full of spirits, the 'water' bottle full of gin etc. just dont take glass or cans. they wont let you take them in. throw a couple of real fizzy drinks in or some bags of chips as decoys.

Charming absolutely charming :lol: and what if the wife or girlfriend is in tow :eek:

BYB

She watches the strippers, picks up a few pointers along the way, maybe by way of annoying hubby for another gym membership, then gets pissed too! :)

Arr yes the old smuggling piss into a event trick. Mine always never failed. I always took my younger brother to all AUvNZ matches be it cricket or ruggers. I'd load his bag with whisky/coke mix and he'd just cruise through all the time with me no checks. Mind you this was 18 odd years ago and he was 10.....

He had a great day, I had a fantastic day and then walk home from the stadium which for me was a 10 minute stagger from Eden park back then :beerbang: Shit if I tried that now he'd have that skulled in 10 minutes.

When I went to Footy Park for a few years back to watch the extended VFL the people who sat behind us used to smuggle in stubbies every week and they were wrapped in newspaper. they had them inside coats and on the bottom of bags as far as I know. after the game newspaper and empty stubbies everywhere behind us.

Arr yes the old smuggling piss into a event trick. Mine always never failed. I always took my younger brother to all AUvNZ matches be it cricket or ruggers. I'd load his bag with whisky/coke mix and he'd just cruise through all the time with me no checks. Mind you this was 18 odd years ago and he was 10.....

He had a great day, I had a fantastic day and then walk home from the stadium which for me was a 10 minute stagger from Eden park back then :beerbang: Shit if I tried that now he'd have that skulled in 10 minutes.

Cube & co,

Oh! good one fellas. <_< & thanks to you your brother (Cube) has learnt new tricks. :angry:
Another example of how we old farts get the feeling on how this country's moral character is going down the shute, not worth a cracker, ratshit.
Ever think why you have to sneak grog into football (?) matches in the first place?
Stealth & deceit seems to work for you by your posts & sadly, very sadly, you seem to be in the majority these days.

Rock for on a better Australia! :super:

TP

Latest posts

Back