Beer tap handles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seato

Reaction score
I'm making some turned handles and am now trying to find a supplier for the tap handle ferrules, finials and hanger bolts

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1389647338.742175.jpg.

Is there an Australian supplier?

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1389647450.379243.jpg

This is my handles now, I just want to make something similar myself in a natural finish.

you can get them from bunnings, there 5/8 I think ?

I have perlick taps which are 3/8 UNC, the top thread of the hanger bolt can be 5/8 but the bottom definitely needs to be 3/8, I will have a try at buntings though. What about the other brass parts?

This is what I need, I'm just trying to get the parts in country so I don't have to pay a fortune for postage
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1389750144.456356.jpg
Would prefer brass

Thanks, I just rang them and they'll send them to me

Cocko said:
My mrs has a similar... handle.... but it shakes too.

Nice work, mate - looks killer - keep us posted.
Hope she sanded hers first too.

Here is some update photos

When I got the ferrules, I realised the bottom end was a bit chunky so it had to lose some weight.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1390616598.943625.jpg
This was after the stain went on
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1390616652.154068.jpg
And with one coat of wet clear
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1390616688.210749.jpg
I think I'm getting there, I would have like to get finials for the top as well but am possibly have to get some from the sates through a redirected freight service.
What do you think?

They look pretty good Seato, Taking the hobby one step further for that added stimulation;) PUN to previous comments sorry champ just had to. I am serious about how they turned out though:wub:

Latest posts

Back