Beer Style of the Moment: June 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What style are you most into right now?

• Lagers (general)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • American Pale Ale

• English Pale Ale

• US IPA

• UK IPA

• Porter/Stout

• Belgian

• Weizen/Wheat/Wit

• Brown/Amber Ale

• Other

• Total voters
iralosavic said:
Lagers (general) then the rest ales? I know it's winter, but come on! Plenty of nice styles. I've got a Baltic porter (lager if you didn't know), Munich Dunkel (also a lager), Marzen and two Belgian Dubbels. The lagers will be conditioned until summer and the Belgians until next winter.

As for commercial drops, I tend to hit up the stouts, porters, ruby reds and the occasional chewy English ale (general), but default to an amber lager if I'm thirsty.
Well, seeing that nobody (yourself included) has voted lager - I see no reason to expand on the "Lagers (general)" category just now.

I had two cubes of Altbier to ferment but decided they fit perfectly as amber ales if I dry hop them. Threw one on Wy Greenbelt and the other on some harvested Coopers yeast. Greenbelt will most likely get a dose of cascade/citra at dry hopping. Undecided what to do with the coopers version. Maybe some Northdown and Williamette. So many options!

KingKong said:
Dark malty beers.... num num num
These are my fave all year round!!. Ran out of MO not long ago, but found a heap of Best Munich, so made a Munich porter. Fermented with burton ale. Smells unreal from the fermentor. Can't wait to drink it.

I have turned to the dark side for Winter. Drinking English Milds, Porters and Stouts..
A black IPA is due for a go very soon as well.

On the Ambers & Browns now but will be drinking Porters, Stouts & Belgians when it gets a bit colder.

Black IPA F*d out so a normal Pale this weekend coming Zythos 10 minute IPA to be specific. The style of the moment seems to be Saisons despite it being wintery. I may give that new dry yeast a nudge shortly!

Back