Beer Storage Warning!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brenjak

Reaction score
G'day everyone,

I went to the cupboard in the spare room tonight to grab a six pack of Beck's to put in the fridge for a dinner party. As i bent down to grab it i heard a hissing noise. "Crap on a stick" i said to myself. I use an empty nappy box to store my home brew for conditioning. For the first time in three years of Home Brewing i had a bottle expolde (I bulk prime and have never had this before). The bottle that exploded pierced the 6 liter Tap-a-Draft bottle living next door and lets just say it was messy. Now...tonight...i must drink the remaining 4 litres of German Dunkel...after cleaning all the beer from the floor, the walls, the cupboard door etc...

Now...tonight...i must drink the remaining 4 litres of German Dunkel...after cleaning all the beer from the floor, the walls, the cupboard door etc...

dark Clouds . . . .silver lining and all that ;-) :icon_cheers: :icon_cheers:

Enjoy

Cheers

Getting there with the claening up and the beer....Keep an eye out for later threads of mine. The spelling and typing is bound to be fantastic!!!

dark Clouds . . . .silver lining and all that ;-) :icon_cheers: :icon_cheers:

Enjoy

Cheers

That stuff from the 6L bottle should be recoverable, well some of it, just get a sponge and squeeze what you recover into a keg, then carbonate for 3 days!
:wub:

Yes gets a bit warm up here trying to find a cool storage place without using power is not easy.

I have had a few of the brown PET bottles develop a seepage type leak from the bottoms which is better than explosions but also messy in the bedroom cupboard.
I now put all freshly bottled brews into a large plastic storage bin on wheels just in case and also placed in my spare unused Shower cubicle until I am fairly certain they are all good.

Leaking beer in cupboards attracts a goodly amount of insects who all come to party. Takes about 2 cans of Raid to sober them up. :beerbang:

Tropical brews. You are spot on mate. Mine are now all in the spare shower cubicle. I keep them there for about a week minimum. This one went after two weeks (one week in shower one in cupboard). Living up her in FNQ there is no such thing as cellaring!

Trying to finish beer before wife gets home at 2200hrs.

Yes gets a bit warm up here trying to find a cool storage place without using power is not easy.

I have had a few of the brown PET bottles develop a seepage type leak from the bottoms which is better than explosions but also messy in the bedroom cupboard.
I now put all freshly bottled brews into a large plastic storage bin on wheels just in case and also placed in my spare unused Shower cubicle until I am fairly certain they are all good.

Leaking beer in cupboards attracts a goodly amount of insects who all come to party. Takes about 2 cans of Raid to sober them up. :beerbang:

Back