Beer Show On Foxtel

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephen

Reaction score
For those of you who have Foxtel the Food channel (Lifestyle food D116) has a show on tonight (Wednesday 01 Mar 06) called "Beer - An Insider's Guide."

I don't have clue what the content is so if it shite don't shoot the messenger.

Cheers

Steve

Have watched it a few times and it quite a good show.

Thanks for the reminder, i'll be sure to watch it tonight.

Beer shows?

I keep thinking of poor old Mercs Own who has to judge Jennifer Hawkins in skimpy outfits on Channel 7 Tuesday night. How tough would that be....

Every time I see him I think 'The tale of two yeasts'......

Cheers.

Duff
You are watching Jennifer Hawkins dancing in stuff all & thinking about Merc's yeast attenuation problems?
I thought the only one not totally concentrating on JH was Todd!
Oh & of course poor old Clint Newton who dumped her to concentrate on football!!!
Cheers Gerard

Watched it tonight for the first time and thought it was great.
They talked about Belgian beer, Belgian beer cafes, about hops, cracking grain etc. After watching I really want to go and buy some Chimay, a beer I've never tried before. In fact, I've never tried any Belgian beer.
I liked the old XXXX add right at the end :)

I would have to agree with Duff. I in no way feel sorry for you Mercs Own, the only hard thing would be trying to see if she actually had a partner or not....

Once again another good Beer - An Insiders Guide episode.

Gerard_M said:
Duff
You are watching Jennifer Hawkins dancing in stuff all & thinking about Merc's yeast attenuation problems?
Oh & of course poor old Clint Newton who dumped her to concentrate on football!!!
Cheers Gerard
[post="111875"][/post]​

Clint will NEVER live that down :lol:

Shawn.

Clint will NEVER live that down :lol:

Shawn.
[post="111913"][/post]​
[/quote]

especially when opposition teams continually yell "CONCENTRATE" at him when they are running at him :D
Cheers
Gerard

:lol:

Let's face it - he deserves it really :p

Shawn.

if you missed it last night "Beer-An Insiders Guide" is on again this morning at 8.30am

Jez

Speaking of Jennifer Hawkins.

Do you Knights fans actually go to the game to um, watch the game? :wub:

When are they playing the Storm down here? Hubba! Hubba! :lol:

Warren -

hawkins_cheerleeder_0.jpg

Gerard_M said:
Duff
Cheers Gerard
[post="111875"][/post]​

Well not just attenuation problems. I'm also thinking about his MoreBeer rig when he talks.

But as soon as that camera cuts back to Jen, I'm 100% focused :party:

Cheers.

That girls got it all....!
except me. :D
but i be workin on that

(as a side note... is that beer show on each week..??)

What's that old saying KoNG?

The only thing that would look good on her would be... YOU? :lol:

Warren -

Is Merc's food show on in Sydney?
Does JH appear in that one too?
Cheers
Gerard

Well what can I say?! Jennifer Hawkins is as gorgeous, sexy and simply stunning as she looks on the TV only better up close and personal - which as part of my position as a judge I often need to embrace her after the show and congratulate her on a great performance :super: Funnily enough I havent discussed the Tale of Two Yeasts with her - do you think I should?

I am a little disturbed about the way some people seem to have trouble concentrating whilst watching the show - at least your watching! Hopefully (shameless plug coming up) you are also watching the Food Trail (channel 7 5.30 Sat) cooked with a beer again last week! No beer next week but a great Turkey Mole - chocolate, chillie and banana sauce.

I actually prefered what Jennifer wore in ep one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes it can get a little hard when judging her as you want to do it right B)

Beer an Insider Guide is not a bad show - Lion Nathen centric as they obviously funded it. But informative and basically enjoyable. What annoys me about it is they dont have a host! This is a budget decision and makes the program a: a little cheap in my opinion and b: the lack of a host also makes the program less appealing and a little cold. Yes I would love to be the host as that is part of what I do.

I developed my own 13 part TV series focusing on beer, micros, brewers, food back in the late 90's. I took it around to all the networks - 10, 9, 7, abc, sbs and they all said no. Channel 10 actually said - quote "a show about beer? who would watch that apart from beer drinkers?" Well back then there were 5.5 million beer drinkers in Australia and 1.3 were women. So if all beer drinkers watched the show we would get a 5.5 million rating. Dancing with the stars got a 2.3 mil rating last week!

The lifestyle channel offered to make it for me but the budget they suggested really put it in the same class as the Insiders guide so I said no.

I am looking at trying to get it up again maybe on Seven!?

I thought Jennifers Rhumba was pretty bloody good - the costume, the choreography and the hip movement!!! Much better live in the studio :D

edit: tried to make betterer sense

Probably goes to show Merc.

Most network execs are most likely Grange drinkers? :lol:

Leave a sixpack of homebrew in their office. You never know. :)

As for knowing Jennifer Hawkins in the errr... flesh. Lucky bugger you! :lol:

Warren -

Mercs Own said:
I actually prefered what Jennifer wore in ep one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes it can get a little hard when judging her as you want to do it right B)
[post="111961"][/post]​

I feel for you mate...

Maybe her dance partner can provide a 'skirt lifting performance' as Alica Molik's did next week :)

Am I going off topic here? :rolleyes:

Maybe if we're really lucky her dress will get caught on her high heels again!

Merc is the Sat arvo show national?

Are you any chance of being in Sydney for the AHB pub crawl? If so tell JH she is more than welcome to tag along.

As for beers for the boss to get ahead, I know that Kerry Stokes has Pilsner Urquell & James Squires Amber in the fridge of his jet, yet is no great beer fan.

This is by far one of the best threads on the AHB site in quite a while.

Cheers
Gerard

Back