Beer King 2000

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmysuperlative

Reaction score
I bought one of these years ago ...
beerkingbox.jpg

montage.jpg

...when I was first attempting to keg my beer. It was a bloody shocker at the time because the co2 bulbs it was designed to use weren't available, so I had to improvise and use smaller bulbs with "packing" behind them which never seemed to seal well. After about 6 attempts I gave up on it!

Anyway, a while ago I discovered it at the back of a cupboard and decided to see if I could modify it for use with a sodstream bottle.

I carefully took it apart, making sure to keep all the small parts that made up it's internal workings. About halfway through the process I realised that there were more parts than I expected, and it was much more complex than I had imagined it would be ...

Needless to say, I had/have no idea how to get it back together. I'm clinging to a slim hope that someone here has one? ...or more importantly the manual that came with it? ...or a schematic drawing of the assembly????

I've visted the website linky which is in German :huh: but I can't find a link to the info there ...yet!

They do have an email address which I'll probably try too, but I thought I throw the call out on this forum first.

...when I was first attempting to keg my beer. It was a bloody shocker at the time because the co2 bulbs it was designed to use weren't available, so I had to improvise and use smaller bulbs with "packing" behind them which never seemed to seal well. After about 6 attempts I gave up on it!
Kind of looks like a Party Star tap.
http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/Pr...spx?ProdID=4906
I got one of these recently myself.
It works with 12gm and 16gm bulbs.
I got it second hand and it didn't come with an owners manual or anyhting though.
It's a shame you took it apart because if it would work with either 12gm or 16gm bulbs you'd have no problem getting them now.

Very similar ...the "regulator" part looks identical. Thanks Thunderlips, I'll try to find a company website and see if they can help me.

I'll also send an email to the German Beerking crew. I see they have an "English button" on their page, but its inactive ...must be part of future plans?

Thanks for your help ;)

Just had a quick look for the party star on google ...it's made by the same German company! :lol:

Back to square one!!!!

I have one of these units.

Bought it years ago, brand new, and I'm such a collector that I may still have the booklet.

I'll go to the dungeon and check right now.

Seth :p

Sorry,

Can't find the box or any booklet. Not sure now if there was a booklet; I think it was only the vague directions on the box.

Which bits can't you work out? I never felt the need to pull it apart coz it cost about $50 and I didn't want to take the chance of having it become an expensive jigsaw.
However, if U need help, I'll see what I can do.

BTW, I bought a spacer for my bulb compartment to ensure a snugger fit with the smaller bulbs.

Seth

Sorry,

Can't find the box or any booklet. Not sure now if there was a booklet; I think it was only the vague directions on the box.

Which bits can't you work out? I never felt the need to pull it apart coz it cost about $50 and I didn't want to take the chance of having it become an expensive jigsaw.
However, if U need help, I'll see what I can do.

BTW, I bought a spacer for my bulb compartment to ensure a snugger fit with the smaller bulbs.

Seth

Thanks anyway Seth ...and Tangent too for the page translator. I do believe I'll go directly to the source and email the company.
I'll let you know if I have a win!!

Which end did U start to disassemble?

From the big black gas adjuster or the black plastic washer that holds the gas cylider in place?

I empathise, but surely it's a simple piece of German engineering, and they will be happy to assist.

If not, I can still try with mine.

Seth :rolleyes:

Which end did U start to disassemble?

From the big black gas adjuster or the black plastic washer that holds the gas cylider in place?

I empathise, but surely it's a simple piece of German engineering, and they will be happy to assist.

If not, I can still try with mine.

Seth :rolleyes:

I went from the gas adjust ...I reckon I could solve it given an hour and a sober hand! But, hey ...how often does that happen? :p ;)

...and don't get any ideas about opening yours up Seth! I don't want to be responsible for any more casualties :D

The blokes at Beer King (Fass-Frisch) came through with an "exploded view" schematic :beerbang:

Rule number one.....
Never take apart sober what you might have to put together drunk.....or is it - never take apart drunk what you won't be able to put together sober...hold on....if I could just figure this out, I have a whole bunch of stuff I've diassembled over the years that might end up being useful......

Were you sober when you took it apart? There's your first mistake.

Latest posts

Back