Beer Gun Leaking

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonydav

Reaction score
I've noticed over time my fridge was getting a huge amount of mold. Finally tracked it to the 1 inch of beer on the base :(. After investigating it seems my gun is leaking. In one night it will leak about a pint of beer (I know it's a pint cause I now put the gun in a pint glass!).

I'm thinking I'll have to pull it apart. Anyone have any clues on how to do this?

Thanks,
tony

Tony they come apart pretty easily and you should be able to get a refurbish kit from your HBS or one of the online suppliers. Also check out Andale, they have a pic online with it pulled apart.

Cheers
Jye

Hi Jye,

Thanks for that. Good work on Andales part putting a full breakdown of the gun on their site.

tony

I pull my gun apart and give the insides a clean and the rubbers a touch up with keg lube about once every three months, or whenever it leaks, whichever is shorter. Had the gun about 2 years now and still running the original seals. Before you go out and buy a new kit, just give it a good clean with phosphoric acid solution or iodophor solution and see if it works properly again. Could just be a bit of beer-goo formed on the front seal/valve.

I also have a problem with my beer gun, its weeping around the weld where it joins the barrell of the gun, does anyone know if these guns are silver soldered together?? if so I may fix it myself.

Cheers steve

I also have a problem with my beer gun, its weeping around the weld where it joins the barrell of the gun, does anyone know if these guns are silver soldered together?? if so I may fix it myself.

Cheers steve

I don't really know but I have an idea. Most of the guns I've seen are full stainless, I think your pretty save to assume that these arent silver soldered. But the other ones are chrome plated brass (that I've seen anyway) - and I reckon you could probably silver solder it if it was brass, who knows if it was in the first place though...It may be brazed or something...

S

The gun here was leaking. Pulled it apart and there was a sliver of varnish like material which I assume was a beerstone blocking the mechanism.

A good clean and it was all good. Have never had the same problem occur.

Back