Beer Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

googe

Reaction score
G'day all, dont know if anyone does this here but i give my beer glasses a scrap inside with 80grit sandpaper to keep a good head. Just a slow dig into the side of the glass to form some groves, not to many as it will cause over carb. Keeps the bubbles clinging to the side.

Cheers Greg

yep I used to do that but bought some headmaster glasses at $1.80 each it was cheaper then buying the sand paper lol lots will flame about using them but I think there good I guess if you brew a beer to hold its head then they are not really needed

cant remember the name they are in newcastle. they mainly deal with hospitality industry so they good prices there stock pots even beat allquip well about the same price but postage tips it over. I think by memory if you buy a box they come down to $1.50 or $1.60 a glass I could of paid more but know it was under $2 each

EDIT: they are called B & B total supply

I'd guess B&B supplies at Cardiff. I recently brought 48 (a box) schooner glasses for 60 bucks there. :beer:

yep your right asis great deals there. I was going to buy them from ebay but ended up under half the price from them lol

yeah i got a couple doz from there for about $30 or $40 from memory.

I had a major drool in that shop and could have spent a LOT of money :)

I have used Campells Cash n Carry in the past for beer glasses. Box of 48x 285ml headmasters for about $50. I am visiting again soon as I split my last box with Arthur a few years ago, this time I`ll be going schooners though.

Yes Jase, real craft beer doesnt need headmaster glasses. It just so happens they are very common and very popular.

edit, anybody within p/up distance and wants a dozen, sing out!

Have to pick up from Berwick? Or do you come out the eastern suburbs way at all?

I have used Campells Cash n Carry in the past for beer glasses. Box of 48x 285ml headmasters for about $50. I am visiting again soon as I split my last box with Arthur a few years ago, this time I`ll be going schooners though.

Yes Jase, real craft beer doesnt need headmaster glasses. It just so happens they are very common and very popular.

I'll take you up on your offer Haysie, thanks for offering. I'm happy to wander up your way to pick them up and drop off something to cover your fuel costs.

Sure don't need headmasters and the box I brought were normal washington style schooner glasses.

I got the 48 as we were having a party and for $1.25 each why not get a box, not like they will go off or anything. :icon_cheers:

Edit: B&B do sell by the glass for around $1.50 from memory.

i bought these today from cheap shop in brissy. 425ml. $1.50 each

glaass.jpg

Was tempted to grab some of those Kilkenny glasses, along with the Guiness ones they had. Settled for a couple of unbranded dimple half-pints instead. Got too many glasses anyway :)

Was tempted to grab some of those Kilkenny glasses, along with the Guiness ones they had.

My dear old mum bought me a Guiness glass and a Kilkenny glass for xmas. $1.50 each hey? - she's the last of the big spenders :wub:

Hotel agencies in Melbourne

Crown Headmaster Conical 425ml badge - $1.55 + gst each, packed in a Box 48
Crown tuff empire beer glass 425ml - $1.45 +gst each, packed in a box 24

The second type of glass is the American style tumbler which i quite like to drink out of...think a la creatures pale ale glasses

I used to go to Hotel Agencies too but now you HAVE to buy by the box compared to by the glass as before. They have replaced most of their lines with non glass versions, the sort they use in pubs that have had trouble with the police and glassings.

Back