Beer Glass Size

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For everyday drinking a 570ml JS pint glass acquired from JS Brewhouse in Darling Harbour. I was primed to borrow one long term when one of my travelling companions bought me one. A nice gesture but I had to explain to her that it just isn't right to pay for it :blink:

Isn't that right Stu? ;)

i have a good collection of 30-40 beer vessels...
but my favourite for the all round glass is the 250ml Hoegaarden..!
it fits much more, which for me equates to two even pours from the champagne bottles i use. They are also really well designed for holding.
i likes em :D

Depends on what I'm drinking. The humble Nonic gets the biggest working out. I've got a couple of other British styled pint glasses too. :)

Here's a few from my arsenal. :beerbang:

Warren -

post_9_1089595634.jpg

post_9_1089595299.jpg

post_9_1089595361.jpg

What!! Only 1 Nonic fan!! - lets have a poll :ph34r:

only if it leaves your hands.!! :p
totally rules out any issues with geometry.

edit: oops that was a reply to warren, Asher snuck in before me.

What!! Only 1 Nonic fan!! - lets have a poll :ph34r:

I don't see the Nonic as a glass more than a "beer tool" :beerbang:

Almost as important as the brewery. B)

The Nonic rules the world. :rolleyes:

Warren -

my fav is one the hoffbrau one pictured in warrens post above. bought a sick pack of glasses for $5 at a fete. mine are labeled topvar

Some posters have touched on the need for difeent glasses for different styles, but I think there's a real argument for different glasses for different times of the session. I love my fluted Pilsner Urquell glass, but it seems to become highly unstable near the end of rough sessions, and a good old squat pint glass is a better choice.

My usual is the guinness pint glass courtesy of vintage cellars special. i only put about 400 ml in it. i dont get too upset if one has an accident during a big session. otherwise a nonic or the Hoegaarden or the urquell.

Hi,

Well I try where possible to drink the right beer from the right glass. I love my triple karmeliert glass, and the duvel glass is handy for parties as it came in a canister (perfect for transporting).

I went into Dan Murphy's the other day and they had the leffe blonde gift pack, 4 beers (330ml) and the glass for 16 bucks.

Silly me didn't realise that there were four beers, thought for that price they'd only be two. Was pretty happy when I opened it up. :beerbang:

Not affiliated, just figured it was a good buy for those who like the nice glassware with their beer.

Michael

View attachment leffe_b_resized.BMP

View attachment leffe_b_2_resized.BMP

Love the Leffe glassware.
Was supping on a few of these on friday arvo with some customers at the Belgian Beer Cafe.

Beers,
Doc

LeffeRadieuse.JPG

my favorite is a 500 ml christiansand brewery glass i scored in norway.only prob is i have no norwegien beer to put in it.(the missus wont let nip over and grab a couple) oh the sacarifices us hb;ers have to make :D

Are you sure that isn't your after drinking vessel HBW ? :p

Doc

I was given some VB schooners a few xmas' back which i quite like (because they're schooners, not liking the vb logo so much these days), though I've got a set of 4 james squire pots i borrowed which are a nice size to drink when you only want a few beers and nice to look at too.

Nonic pint glasses here

Purchased 4 x 1/2 pint glasses (not nonics) a little while ago for 90c each which have been getting a work out

But they do require more trips to the kegerator - though the beer doesn't get much of a chance to get too warm

Cheers

Latest posts

Back