Beer Glass Review

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man that pub is old, the bricked up windows would have been a reaction to the window tax, that's right in the 1840s the Pom parliament passed a law taxing buildings by the number of windows so guess what they did. And we think that Australian governments are revenue raising grubs.

Edit: supposedly the origin of the term "daylight robbery" i.e. blatant revenue raising or gouging.

Apart from the Tulip glasses, of which I have a few, the good old pint "Square Glass" was my favourite as they are easier to grab hold of when pissed.
Ditto my opinion about the wanky dimple mugs which were for people who liked the idea of beer drinking but didn't actually like beer.

Square Glass: found a couple at op shop

yorkshireredLarge.jpg

Yardy,

that Aventinus is a nice looking glass mate, but even that aside, that's a technically awesome photo you've taken.

Looking up into the sun (obscured by beautiful glass) and still get the blue of the sky without your camera freaking out is a great effort!

What beer is in the glass?

cheers,

bignath

Here's some of mine ...

czechpils.jpg belgiumpaleale.jpg hefeweizen.jpg oktoberfestbier.jpg viennalager.jpg

And my latest ... a litre stein from Munich brought back from Oktoberfest this year by my duitiful son!

Oktoberfest_Stein_from_Tom.JPG

:beerbang:

ghhb

Attachments

• Oktoberfest_Stein_from_Tom.JPG
    Oktoberfest_Stein_from_Tom.JPG
    207.2 KB · Views: 26
Yardy,

that Aventinus is a nice looking glass mate, but even that aside, that's a technically awesome photo you've taken.

Looking up into the sun (obscured by beautiful glass) and still get the blue of the sky without your camera freaking out is a great effort!

What beer is in the glass?

cheers,

bignath

it's

cheers nath, the beer is my world famous (in the shed anyway) irish red.

some nice vessels there ghhb B)
i had a Erdinger glass, had it in the freezer door and one of the children (still dont know which one) flung the door open and... <_<

cheers

i had a Erdinger glass, had it in the freezer door and one of the children (still dont know which one) flung the door open and... <_<

Don't be too tought on the kids ... I had three Erdinger and in less than 12 months all three of them ending up in small pieces ... one even broke in the glass washer on it's own with the door closed! I now have 4 Weinenstephan glasses which I got off ebay for only $20 ... so far no breakeages!

Latest posts

Back