Beer Glass Review

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yob

Hop to it
Reaction score
Well G'day folks, I'm in the UK at the moment and have been doing my bit to sample some (alot) of the local brews, It must be said that the glasses here are STUNNING.. very pretty things, almost all the beers have their own glasses with logo's and such.

The Carling Pint glasses are stand out. They have a transfer type thing on the bottom of the glass that when the brre is poured promote bubbles in a swirling pattern... mesmerising!! it says spot on with a cresent above and below.. will post photos when I can..

cheers

i loved english pubs when i went the atmosphere is something you dont see over here

nothing like the old speckled hen pot belly glass

and the guiness is sooooooooooooo much tastier

have a good time there mate :party:

p.s. kwak glass FTW :ph34r:

The Carling Pint glasses are stand out.
I saw those glasses at Amazon.uk, along with the half pint version.
It's a shame they don't ship glasses to Australia though.

Personally, I think a pint is a tad too big for a nucleated glass.

Well G'day folks, I'm in the UK at the moment and have been doing my bit to sample some (alot) of the local brews, It must be said that the glasses here are STUNNING.. very pretty things, almost all the beers have their own glasses with logo's and such.

The Carling Pint glasses are stand out. They have a transfer type thing on the bottom of the glass that when the brre is poured promote bubbles in a swirling pattern... mesmerising!! it says spot on with a cresent above and below.. will post photos when I can..

cheers

I think a thread like this needs photos.

i use a headmaster,works for me..

I hate my headmasters. Wish I'd never bought them. Regardless of the beer it gives everything a 4/5ml creamy head. If the beer would hold a thick, rocky head in any other glass these glasses destroy that. But they also through the same head on a beer that refuses to hold a head so I suppose they might be good for something but I think I want a glass that doesn't tell me lies.

I hate my headmasters. Wish I'd never bought them. Regardless of the beer it gives everything a 4/5ml creamy head. If the beer would hold a thick, rocky head in any other glass these glasses destroy that. But they also through the same head on a beer that refuses to hold a head so I suppose they might be good for something but I think I want a glass that doesn't tell me lies.

On a whim only! The headmasters probably hate your beer????? Afterall, they dont do nothing. Find another fault to blame for your sleepless nights!

thanks for the advice..will look for something a bit better..the headmaster given to me by a publician

DU99, I'll leave you to both the glasses he gives you and the beer he sells in them. I'm interested in neither.

Haysie, any fool with eyes in his head (who wants to use them of course - some fools have no need for eyes as they've already seen the lot or at least have decided that they have) can see that the Headmaster's etched bottoms clearly do act to provide millions of nucleation points. There is a steady, nigh on volcanic, stream of bubbles rocketing up from the etchings no matter what it is you put in these glasses. They even make my GBs throw a head - but other glasses don't. I guess I imagined it all?

Cannot beat the British Tulip Pint glass or the straight glass. We always hated the dimpled jug glass with handle nicknamed the pisspot.

Very hard to get out of the habit of drinking pints when you were weaned on Tetleys, Marstons and Titbread Wankard. :icon_cheers: Whitbread Queens Ale on hand pump was a stand out and Gold Label Barley Wine in very small bottles.

When I was working over there the stella glasses had a big star etched on the bottom and if you left a pint long enough without touching it the star would show up in the head.

Becks pints have the spiral bubble thing going on too. Its like a lava lamp great to look at. and the head just keeps on growing.

Yeah mate, agreed, I will get some Pics up as soon as I can get the photo's off the camera, the place Im stayin has no access via USB so going to have to find a solution when I get to Scotland... and some reviews of many beers of course... SWMBO has already asked me if I really "need" to review every pub in the local vacinity of where we stay.. and well naturally I blinked twice..nodded slowly, stroked the beard in careful contemplation and replied..

"what sort of man would I be if I didnt?"
silly wife :icon_drunk:

viva la resistance

Sorry for the delay folks, Dont know if you can upload video to the site... :unsure: maybe try later... It must be said that it seems to me that it goes mental for a few minutes and then dies down a bit.. does it create the bubbles or draw it out of the beer?

Note. Glass generously donated by The Mucky Pup, England

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

By generously do you mean in your wifes hand bag :ph34r:

lol, no funnily enough, I offered to buy one of them and they just gave it to me, (Hence I put their Photo up) in fact I was able to repeat that formula on many occasions in many bars, indeed there were only one or two bars who said no, thus I have VASTLY increased the Pint Glass Collection.. B)

and yes it cost a small fortune to send (scratches head thoughtfully)... approx.. 7 parcels home with 2-3 in each, had some breakage but the majority survived,

still waiting on one parcel to arrive :super:

finally got around to getting this photo

Pictured Left to Right in front row

Harp - Budwiser - Carling - San Miguel - Beamish - Peroni - Carlsberg (Sponsor Pint) Kroni - Coors Light

second row

Stella - Carlton - Fat Yak - James Squire - Vic Octoberfest - Coopers - St Arnou - Weihenstephan - Montieths - Crown Lager - 2 x Becks

Not pictured - Kingfisher and probably anotherr few somewhere...

I love me glasses :rolleyes:

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

100_2945.jpg

love the Aventinus

100_3029.jpg

the pommy father in law brought this one back from Germany after being posted there in the 50s

Latest posts

Back