Beer Gift Packs With Glass Or Goblet

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely worth trying not sure on every outlet but the ones I bought" Guinness Draught brewed in DUBLIN" written on the cans.
Hope they looked after it on its long journey.
Pretty sure the Guinness cans we get here in Aus is all still brewed in Dublin. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Gotta go out and buy a few of these for my FIL. I'm picking up a pack of Murphy's as well for a comparison, and why the hell not, a tallie of Coopers Best Extra.

never had guinness is it worth buying?

Definitely only if its the legit made in Ireland Guinness, The Guinness beer contract brewed at CUB is not even in the same league as the real stuff. Not surprising considering the significant difference in Guinness's water profile. Guinness has a high extremely mineral content compared to CUB extremely soft water. Check the label if you really want to taste the real thing because unless its the real thing you will be dissapointed.

Definitely only if its the legit made in Ireland Guinness, The Guinness beer contract brewed at CUB is not even in the same league as the real stuff. Not surprising considering the significant difference in Guinness's water profile. Guinness has a high extremely mineral content compared to CUB extremely soft water. Check the label if you really want to taste the real thing because unless its the real thing you will be dissapointed.

surely they adjust water with filtration and subsequent addition of mineral additions ???

surely they adjust water with filtration and subsequent addition of mineral additions ???

They insist that they do, it's pity the product misses the mark by a long way. Apparently its all about 'variety due to regional tastes' or some other malarky.
I might have to get one of those packs as well, I need a replacement Guinness glass

:icon_offtopic: The 4.3% ABV nitrokeg Guinness from Yatala is a bit wishy washy, but the 6% ABV bottled product is a FES brewed to a specific Australian recipe and is a robust, smooth and quite a credit to CUB, I reckon (picked up a couple of tallies the other day as the supply is hit or miss on the Island here). Guinness ain't Guinness.

If it's cans, then it's imported, CUB don't package the wishy washy stuff.

Edit: it's all in Bill Yenne's book "Guinness, the 250 year quest for the perfect pint" which is available to borrow from the BABBs library. Originally Tooheys had the licence, but when it lapsed, CUB won it. Now, the original deal with Tooheys was that they wanted it to be brewed with a lager yeast as they didn't have the large scale plant to do it as an ale. Guinness agreed to this and according to Howlingdog or maybe it was Screwtop (memory lapse) they still do it on lager yeast as they told him at his visit to Yatala. The Irish Ale yeast IMHO gives a real character to the brew which is fermented in Ireland at 25 for about 2 days. :eek: - I would guess the lager treatment accounts for the Yatala keg version lacking balls.

I'll kick start this off with something mentioned in todays junk mail.

Guinness Cans 6x440ml with free glass.

Liquorland Australia Wide.

$17 (states saving of $3).

Looks like this is one to co-incide with St Patricks day. States in the flyer 'limited stock'.

Just noticed in my local (NSW) Woolies catalogue:
Same deal, slightly cheaper: 2 6 packs for $32.
http://www2.woolworthsonline.com.au/Shop/P...cans-multi-pack

Can't see it online, but the Local catalogue also mentioned a free glass (but i think it was 1 per 12 cans), and it was a more normal looking nonic pint glass type thing.

On Water.

Been to some Oil refineries and when you ask how do you prep your water, they will tell you in detail.

I have been to one major brewery in Melbourne and when the same question is aked, lets just say there is less detail.

That was some time ago...

Fear_n_loath

I recently met a bloke who worked at Guinness when he was a young fella. Unfortunatley it was before I had questions to ask re the beer we get here that is called "Guinness?" I think he worked in the mash section... You can never trust the Irish though...? To be sure, to be sure! :blink:

However, picked up a 1L of Kaiserdom lager a couple of years back in Sydney with a 1L stein. Beer was average and after the first pint it is warm and the stein gets very heavy! Can't say I have used it much since...

but is is bloody huuuge! :icon_chickcheers:

Not my find (discovered by Frothie on another thread), but thought I would put it here.

Chimay gift pack (12 bottles of Chimay) + 2 Glasses.

Being offered online at Not Just Wine http://www.notjustwine.com.au/products/Chimay-Set.html

Price is $105 delivered.

Chimay_set__04899_std.jpg

So I went ahead and ordered the $105 Chimay set from notjustwine.

Ordered a few days ago but my CC hasn't been charged.

Wondering if the free shipping applies to this gift pack?

Has anyone else bought through them before?

panzerd18 said:
So I went ahead and ordered the $105 Chimay set from notjustwine.

Ordered a few days ago but my CC hasn't been charged.

Wondering if the free shipping applies to this gift pack?

Has anyone else bought through them before?
How is that for a thread resurrection. And the Chimay link I posted in 2012 still works.

Panzerd, my guess would be that you will get it without a freight charge as it show on the list, but if this is a limited offer perhaps shoot them an email to confirm/ask.

I was going to say hopefully it is not the same stock from 2012, but being Chimay, this would probably make it more valuable due to the cellaring :)

Even though it is not cheap, nice pack.

Thanks

I love buying gift packs that include a glass. I have a bit of a collection going with different styles of glass.

Really love the Chimay Red. Such a fantastic beer.

I terms of contacting them, they only have the email mask on their website. So no email address displayed or known location of premises/telephone number.

panzerd18 said:
Thanks

I love buying gift packs that include a glass. I have a bit of a collection going with different styles of glass.

Really love the Chimay Red. Such a fantastic beer.

I terms of contacting them, they only have the email mask on their website. So no email address displayed or known location of premises/telephone number.
Yes, makes it hard when you can't make easy contact.

I bought the Bridge Road IPA/Spiegelau last week from Dan Murphy's. Good value considering the price of the glass by itself.

I'm dying to get the st Feuilliun pack. It's out of stock completely at Dan Murphy's.

Do you think it will ever come back in stock?

A few years ago I bought a hobgoblin gift pack with a pint glass and 500ml hobgoblin ale.

panzerd18 said:
I bought the Bridge Road IPA/Spiegelau last week from Dan Murphy's. Good value considering the price of the glass by itself.
I bought this last week on a whim, beer was good and glass design is cool but I expect it to last about 5 minutes. The glass is to thin for receptacle with such a small footing, one good sesh and it will be bumped, dropped, or knocked and I fear it will not survive. My only hope is that one day I shall walk into hot dollar and go straight to the beer glass section and there will be a cheap knock off that would survive a beating with a base ball bat.

For the James squire one a few months ago the " friendship pack"

1 x 150 lashes pint, 1 x Chancer golden ale pint, 2 x half pint glasses for $15 ish

Not too bad I thought.

Latest posts

Back