Beer Fridge Tap with 'safety' lock

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

takai

Reaction score
Wanting to put a tap on the front of the little upstairs beer fridge, but i cant use a font on top because it doubles as the work surface for the coffee machine.

However, we have a very curious little 9 month old who loves to grab things and im worried that he will grab onto the handle and pour the contents of a 19L keg all over the kitchen. Are there any taps that have an inbuilt safety lock, like a button you have to press etc?

Just google "tap lock beer" and have a look at the images. There are plenty of options for a range of taps.

3h588.jpg

Another option is a flow control tap like the perlick 650. Just turn the flow "off". Not a lock though.
tn2_650SS053014113015.jpg

Bit of a pita but you could just remove the disconnect and release the line pressure between sessions.
I'm in a similar position, got a keggerator but can't figure out where to put it to keep the 2 & 3 year olds out of it.

simplefisherman said:
I'm in a similar position, got a keggerator but can't figure out where to put it to keep the 2 & 3 year olds out of it.
Wait until they get to their teens. That's when you really don't want them raiding the beer fridge.

Cervantes said:
Or use a picnic tap on a long line and store it inside the fridge.
Currently i have a tap on an MFL adapter going straight onto the liquid post on the keg. Its easy and compact, but because of the seals on the ball lock it leaks when pouring from the movement of the ball lock on the post.

Ill look at the Perlick with flow control. That will also help with cream ales and big stouts during the winter months :)

Latest posts

Back