Beer Fonts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disco_tezz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have been looking at beer fonts and i am noticeing that they all have smaller beer lines than what i can buy, But i have not seen any adapters to connect the 5mm (inner diameter) tubing i can buy to the 4mm tubing of the fonts.

Ideas as to how people have got around this problem would be greatly appreciated.

im pretty sure any good LHBS should stock 4mm ID beer hose,use some boiling water to soften and slide straight onto your beer/gas disconnects or font adapter.

If you dont have enough of the 4mm id line hanging from the bottom of the font to just use it, its not much use buying any size line if you cant get any adaptors. Most decent HBS's should stock the adaptors though. If you cant find any I know MHB carries them and also ships Australia wide, so you could ask him. Or you could hit up GMK, I got mine from him when I bought my font.

Edit: Yardy, I can't seem to find them on the craftbrewer website, you sure he stocks them? or am I just blind? :p

If you dont have enough of the 4mm id line hanging from the bottom of the font to just use it, its not much use buying any size line if you cant get any adaptors. Most decent HBS's should stock the adaptors though. If you cant find any I know MHB carries them and also ships Australia wide, so you could ask him. Or you could hit up GMK, I got mine from him when I bought my font.

Edit: Yardy, I can't seem to find them on the craftbrewer website, you sure he stocks them? or am I just blind? :p

nah you are not blind, That was the first place i looked before i made the thread, as i figured that would be the best place to buy it from, as Ross seems to have nearly everything a home brewer could want

G'day Discotezz

My fonts came with the 4mm tubing - replaced them with the 5mm tubing so its all the same from keg to font. Easier than stuffing around with adaptors plus i knew i was starting with new hose and not someone else's bad cleaning habits. Takes a bit of effort but i found everything fitted snugly and have no leaks.

Cheers
DrSmurto

Whats the O/D? Maybe you could use one of these.
Equal Straight connector - OD 5/16 (8mm) from Craftbrewer
eric

Whats the O/D? Maybe you could use one of these.
Equal Straight connector - OD 5/16 (8mm) from Craftbrewer
eric

The OD is smaller as well. from memory it is 7mm for the OD and 4mm for the ID,

I am thinking Dr Smurto's idea might be the way to go. except i have no idea how to go about doing that, But at the same time, i have not bought the font yet, so it maybe fairly easy to work out, when you have it in front of you.

DT

I am DIY-phobic. My partner got a drill for her birthday, i dont own one! If i can remove the tubing and replace it with slightly larger tubing then anyone can! I didnt even swear that much whilst doing it. :D

Cheers
DrSmurto

DT

I am DIY-phobic. My partner got a drill for her birthday, i dont own one! If i can remove the tubing and replace it with slightly larger tubing then anyone can! I didnt even swear that much whilst doing it. :D

Cheers
DrSmurto

:lol: , if the scientist can do it then i reckon you can!
Probably is best to wait till you get it, you may not even have to change it.

I bought some 4mm line from g&g not that long ago. Boiling water & needle nose pliers to stretch does the job.

I don't like have joiners in the line, just somewhere else for CO2 to get agitated out of solution.
Work out your line lengths & replumb your font. :)
If you need some line joiners & you can't find locally, drop me a line, i'm sure I've got some here.

Cheers Ross

It is extremely hard to plumb the flooded fonts..

The non flooded are really easy though...

Latest posts

Back