Beer & Chocolate - The Day Chuck Hahn Opened My Eyes!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisluki

Reaction score
Just the latest post on my blog if anyone is interested?

The great man taught me about beer and food matching, starting with chocolate! I have a go at pairing a few other beers with chocolate and lollies.

https://t.co/SniTlMuPNy

Cheers

Chris

I ran a Beer and Cheese pairing at a monthly meeting with my old firm. Everyone loved it and was a huge hit. There was the typical comment that beer is not wine, but once people tried the pairings, they shut their traps :)

Will have a read and thanks in advance.

idzy said:
I ran a Beer and Cheese pairing at a monthly meeting with my old firm. Everyone loved it and was a huge hit. There was the typical comment that beer is not wine, but once people tried the pairings, they shut their traps :)

Will have a read and thanks in advance.
No dramas mate...really enjoying writing my blog, if for nothing else than my own enjoyment...if i pass on a few bits of info or entertain a few readers, that's a bonus!

Another mate of mine wrote this on his blog recently...

https://myshoutbeerreviews.wordpress.com/2015/11/22/beer-cheese-pairing/

I haven't got much of a sweet tooth, but I do like 70-80% dark chocolate with a big foreign extra or imperial stout.

Cheese and beer is more my cup of tea, a stinking blue Rochefort or Gorgonzola with a Gueuze is pretty much heaven in my eyes.

I like your blog man, entertaining!

Dips Me Lid said:
I haven't got much of a sweet tooth, but I do like 70-80% dark chocolate with a big foreign extra or imperial stout.

Cheese and beer is more my cup of tea, a stinking blue Rochefort or Gorgonzola with a Gueuze is pretty much heaven in my eyes.

I struggle with the cheese, but have been to many beer and cheese nights where the combos are absolutely endless!!

And thanks, glad you liked it.

Look out for my beer advent calendar series starting 1 Dec (shameless plug)

It's subjective taste really, there's no right or wrong combo with food pairing though I reckon a berlinner weisse would have gone well with the sour patch kids lollies!B-)

Dips Me Lid said:
Porter or mild through a beer engine and a chunk of Stilton fkukk yeah

Beer and food matching is an excellent idea, we should defs do it with our brew club next year.

Reminds me of a slightly less sophisticated food pairing night occasionally held at my local years ago before it had a family friendly makeover.
Actually it was more a 'sporting event' of sorts called the skull olympics.
The 'athletes' would take their position on the stage and on starters orders, attempted to cram a Mars bar into their gobs and and wash it down with a icy schooner of megaswill.
Tougher than it sounds as the chocolate instantly hardens to the consistency of potters clay on contact with the cold beer.
Predictably there was much facial contorting and gagging from the contestants. After that, it was back to the topless bar maids / strippers.
Yep. It was a classy joint.

Dave70 said:
Reminds me of a slightly less sophisticated food pairing night occasionally held at my local years ago before it had a family friendly makeover.
Actually it was more a 'sporting event' of sorts called the skull olympics.
The 'athletes' would take their position on the stage and on starters orders, attempted to cram a Mars bar into their gobs and and wash it down with a icy schooner of megaswill.
Tougher than it sounds as the chocolate instantly hardens to the consistency of potters clay on contact with the cold beer.
Predictably there was much facial contorting and gagging from the contestants. After that, it was back to the topless bar maids / strippers.
Yep. It was a classy joint.
Stay classy Dave70!!

Latest posts

Back