Beer Brings Horse Back From The Dead

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Article appears to have been posted yesterday, so maybe not an April Fools prank. More likely a case of animal cruelty, XXXX :icon_vomit:

Cheers SJ

Article appears to have been posted yesterday, so maybe not an April Fools prank. More likely a case of animal cruelty, XXXX :icon_vomit:

Cheers SJ

I've seen my grandfather treat a horse with colic using VB. Although to his credit, he did say something about not wasting good beer on a horse.

Alcohol is an old timer's cure for colic and bloat. It relaxes the muscles and then .......buuurrrpppp ......... fffaaaaaarrrrtttt!!!!!!

Horse and cattle generally like the taste of beer (even XXXX!!!!) - even better if you put a bit of molasses on it. But you need a fair bit

Cheers
Steve

XXXX heavy is a QLD only brew as far as I know, quite unlike the XXXX gold which the Victorian Posters here may be referring to. Brewed with the finest Darling Downs malt and whole cluster hop flowers I even got Butters to drink a bottle when he flew up here for a case swap :rolleyes: It's my pick at the RSL or Bowls club if I can't get Toohey's Old.
For horses however I would recommend Hammer n Tongs Gold any day.

XXXX heavy is a QLD only brew as far as I know, quite unlike the XXXX gold which the Victorian Posters here may be referring to. Brewed with the finest Darling Downs malt and whole cluster hop flowers.....

I agree with Bribie on this one, i do miss the xxxx draught though (rip)

Jan.

Back