Beer At Falls Creek?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fawnroux

Reaction score
Hey all,

Can anyone recommend a watering hole at Falls Creek? I'm here for the next week working, and would like, if possible to get a decent brew. I know it's not too big here, but if anyone can point me in the right direction, i'd be a happy chappy.

Dave

Sweetwater Brewery in Mount Beauty area, bout 30mins trip if your keen, meet the brewer and sample his beers out in the sunshine :)

Sweetwater Brewery in Mount Beauty area, bout 30mins trip if your keen, meet the brewer and sample his beers out in the sunshine :)

Cheer, thanks for the tip. No car unfortunately, but I did pick up a 4 pack of theirs just before. I found it in the Foodworks :icon_cheers:

Just an update on this for anyone who will be here next season.

I've come up again this weekend to help the Falls Creek Country Club cater for the National fly fishing competition. As a good, hardworking chef, the first thing I did when I got here was go to the bar and check out the beers. I was pleasantly surprised. Now we did have the usual Crownies, Carlton Draught and Coronas. However the bigger selection included

Budejovicky Budvar
Quilmes
Erdinger Weissbeir
Erdinger Kristal and
Erdinger Dunkalweizen
Chimmay Blue (small bottle)
Duvel
and another one that I can't remember, but it came in 500ml and 2Lt swing top bottles. Red label.

Decent selection of wine too. So there we go, you can get a decent beer up here in Falls. My knock off beers the few days have been great :beerbang:

Dave

Just an update on this for anyone who will be here next season.

I've come up again this weekend to help the Falls Creek Country Club cater for the National fly fishing competition. As a good, hardworking chef, the first thing I did when I got here was go to the bar and check out the beers. I was pleasantly surprised. Now we did have the usual Crownies, Carlton Draught and Coronas. However the bigger selection included

Budejovicky Budvar
Quilmes
Erdinger Weissbeir
Erdinger Kristal and
Erdinger Dunkalweizen
Chimmay Blue (small bottle)
Duvel
and another one that I can't remember, but it came in 500ml and 2Lt swing top bottles. Red label.

Decent selection of wine too. So there we go, you can get a decent beer up here in Falls. My knock off beers the few days have been great :beerbang:

Dave

Dave saw a lot of faces from the course at the Beer show yesterday. Hope your brewing is going well.

Dave saw a lot of faces from the course at the Beer show yesterday. Hope your brewing is going well.

Ahh yes. I saw that was on! I knew you fellas would all be there. Bastards! :icon_cheers: Brewing has been a little slow. Will be kick starting again in the new year with a bang! Hope your brews are kicking goals too mate :beerbang:

Take care

Latest posts

Back