Becks...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AussieJosh

Reaction score
I have a question regarding Becks Beer. I work in a Large supermarkets distrbution center, The other day i was stacking a pallet full of beer to send off to a bottle shop and i noticed there are two diffrent kinds of Becks cartons! One carton in a carboard box style your normal kind of carton of beer. The other is also 24 Becks beers but it has a plastic wrap covering them just like oettinger pils.
First i thought mabe one was imported and the other was made here in Australia....But no...there both imported and both are in 330ml bottles. Not sure if there priced the same in the shops!? Does anyone know why Becks make there same beer but distribute there it in two diffrent 24 pack cartons???

Well, where are they imported from? Just because they are imported doesn't mean they are made in Germany, or at the same brewery.

Could be just like the "imported" Sapporo I saw the other day, "Made in Canada"
My geography isn't too good but isn't Japan closer to Australia than Canada?

Ditto with Bavaria brewed under licence in the Netherlands and Oranjboom BUL in Germany. Quite ironic...

And no, am not resparking a BUL debate, just noting a certain irony...

Sorry for the OT...

One carton is probaly a restaurant pack.

The difference is that there is seperate 6 or 4 packs inside the normal carton and the restaurant packs are just one box full of seperate beers.

Kinda stupid but i found this out in Dans when i saw hogaarden on sale for $50 ( in a restaurant pack ) took a normal slab up to the counter for $75...

Not sure on becks but that could be the case.

Cheers Vice

I have a question regarding Becks Beer. I work in a Large supermarkets distrbution center, The other day i was stacking a pallet full of beer to send off to a bottle shop and i noticed there are two diffrent kinds of Becks cartons! One carton in a carboard box style your normal kind of carton of beer. The other is also 24 Becks beers but it has a plastic wrap covering them just like oettinger pils.
First i thought mabe one was imported and the other was made here in Australia....But no...there both imported and both are in 330ml bottles. Not sure if there priced the same in the shops!? Does anyone know why Becks make there same beer but distribute there it in two diffrent 24 pack cartons???

Yeah Becks is made all over the world. Only place I had very good Becks beer was in Bremen (where it originates). Pubs in Bremen have Haake Beck - which is a locally available version. They do a range of beers (unfiltered, etc)

Back