Bb Hop Screen Or Bb Dome Fb For Kettle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3G

Reaction score
In the quest to get the beer in the fermenter faster at the end of the brew day im after a way to filter out hop flowers. I have used a termimesh screen for 20 or so brews and have upgraded everything to stainless steel.
Im after peoples thoughts on either a beerbelly stainless hopscreen or a 9" dome FB in the kettle. I

Hopscreen works a treat! :icon_cheers:

DSCF2222.jpg

Looks good, do you get a decent flow rate, even with what looks like a fair wack of hops.
I think ill go the all stainless version, hopefully some in stock.

I have a small fish and chip fryer hanging on the edge of my kettle when using a large amount of flowers. At flame out I can lift the basket out and squeeze all the remaining wort into the kettle. Flowers absorb and hold too much wort after boiling.

Never had issues with flow rate (gravity).

And that is only 60g of home grown chinook flowers + 25g of pellets. :icon_drunk:

I use a hop screen and have never had flow issues. Also tip my kettle at the end to get ALL the wort out. Great bit of kit IMHO.

Cheers
Scotsman

Yeah i use the hop screen too with no problems.

+1 for hopscreen, although i have heard good things about false bottoms in kettles too.

Back