Bayside Brewers Oktoberfest 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmallFry

Reaction score
Willkommen!!!

Just an early shout out about the upcoming Bayside Brewers Oktoberfest competition for 2014.

P0OQxwMl.jpg

This competition is open to amateur brewers in all states of Australia, and is focused on the "German" styles of beer.

Get brewing now, so those lagers have plenty of time to reach their best.

Attached is the entry form
View attachment Oktoberfest 2014 entry.pdf

Im brewing a Munich Dunkel, A Maibock and one other thing for it !!

I've got a smoked Rauchbier ageing right now which I hope will be perfect by then.

couldn't get my yeast so set back by 2 weeks

I'm keen to enter. Putting on a Hefeweizen this weekend and it'll hopefully be carbed up in time.

Is it ok to mail entries to the nominated drop-off points?

I might be able to drop in on the day too. Will be visiting Vic then, and my folks still live on the Peninsula (my old stomping grounds)

Kumamoto_Ken said:
Is it ok to mail entries to the nominated drop-off points?

I might be able to drop in on the day too. Will be visiting Vic then, and my folks still live on the Peninsula (my old stomping grounds)
We won't be accepting entries on the morning of the comp, but you're welcome to mail the entries directly to me, or you can drop them off to my place (in Frankston) prior to the comp if that suits.

PM me and we'll sort something out.

please note that we're also looking for judges and stewards for the comp see details below and please PM me if you want to help out

The competition is BJCP registered but non-BJCP judges are most welcome.
Saturday 4th October - 11am Start (Lunch provided)
Hickinbotham Winery - 194 Nepean Hwy Dromana VIC (Melway Ref: 160 K2)

Category & Styles include

1. German Ales - Hefeweizen, Dunkleweizen, Weizenbock, Altbiers, Kolsch
2. Light coloured lagers - German Pilsner, Munich Helles, Dortmunder Export
3. Dark coloured lagers - Schwarzbier, Munich Dunkel, Oktoberfest, Vienna Lager, Rauchbier
4. Bocks - MaiBock, Traditional Bock, Dopplebock, Eisbock

If you have a preference for a beer style please let me know, and I shall do my best to allocate you in that category.

Cheers

Pauline
Bayside Brewers

Unfortunately I will be cutting it very fine with only a week of lagering :( I guess it will come up in the critique

So what goes down on either day?
Public sort of party and judging on Saturday
award announcements on Sunday?

Which day is best to come to as an entrant?

Saturday is competition day. Come along if you want to judge/steward.
Sunday is the public day. Plenty of German beer, food, music and lederhosen.

The food is divine, the missus and I had a fantastic time last year, will be hoping to repeat this year + bub

If you have a label attached to the lid with a personal identification eg. GM IPA, I typically write that in the bottle ID section.

Yob said:
The food is divine, the missus and I had a fantastic time last year, will be hoping to repeat this year + bub
+1. Food is great and so is the beers. My missus cant wait to go again this year.

You weren't joking about 12pm!
I got to G&G at 12.25 and you had already collected the entries from there.
Are there any other ways to get a couple of entries to you? I am hoping to be there on the day but I am waiting to hear if the club (Westgate Brewers) have a bus organised.

Got 2 in, but didn't get the last one in on time ..so didn't go to drop off..a shame :(

Latest posts

Back