Basic Kegging Set Up Guides

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gros21

Reaction score
ok im ne wto this whole thing, ive doen sprits for years and thats about it so here is a list of quetsions.

1. ive been told i need a second keg to decant the beer waht is this. and does this ahve to be cold.

2. ok my beer is in my keg ready to go do i have to purge it? if so how.

3. Whats the cheapest way to control my fermantion temps (i am a lecky by trade) and does it really matter that much

4. Can u reccomend me a set up i was thinking

Kegerator to hold 3x19L kegs (new)
A 3 tap post so i can have 2 brews on tap
ill buy a set of 4 kegs
i have a CO2 cylinder with guages

Hoping to have change from $750 but will go to $1000
any thing else ive looked through here but there i stomuch info for me to take in and process

Try the articles section of the site...

Look under "Storing and Serving" and I think you'll find a "Beginner's Guide to Kegging".

3. Whats the cheapest way to control my fermantion temps (i am a lecky by trade) and does it really matter that much

4. Can u reccomend me a set up i was thinking

I'm only new here too, but to answer the question about temperatures being important, if you don't have the exact temp range your beer will be fcked/not ferment at all. Temperature control is apparently one of the biggest factors in how a beer tastes.

there are things called KegMates which might be what you are after, google it. they can be had for around 700 dollars. Or eBay for cheaper chinese made knockoffs for around 300-400 dollars.

You mean like this ? There are some getting round with more than one tap. There was a couple of different makers/suppliers listing similar ones on ebay but have a good look through their feedback - last time I looked there was mention of dodginess from some not-so-happy customers. One of them in particular was not very trustworthy in my opinion.

Back