Barls Pre Wedding Brewday

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it seems that due to the vagaries of the production parameters of this fragmenting of the audience to the cable television, carnivals, water parks... I won't be able to make it to the brewday :blink:

Damn. Shame you can't make it, Mike. :(

Well, due to the vagaries of my work schedule, it looks like I now will be able to make it. Woohoo! :D

damn mike thats not good, hopefully ill see you at the buck party then.

ok all cube have been accounted for now. we have our 300L.
also ive been talking to keith about lunch and we might be able to do a bbq for about 10 bucks a head.
whats peoples thoughts on this one?

we talking tasty chilli snags or juicy steaks ??

whatever ... ;)

might be able to throw in a couple of the hot shots from the butcher down the road just for u mate.

ok guys ill be posting a kick off time after i get more info from keith.

Ah yeah for me short answer... work, couldn't get the day off because 4 other people prebooked it before me! Maybe they're all headed to the Hunter hmmm, anyways still on at mine for the 14th (sorry for the slight Hijack Barls)
That night's Challenge....(put on Iron chef America voice) frajitas!

G'day,

Looks like I may be up at Maitland that week/weekend visiting my Uncle and going to the wineries with SWMBO.
Sounds like all the cubes fulls are taken? Not that it really matters as I don't even own a cube.
Don't suppose I'd be able to tag along that morning to watch the brewing process?
I am all kit and bits just now, never seen all grain brewing performed.

Cheers

dont see why not just make your self known to myself or one of the grooms man, should be easy to spot as i think we will be drinking out of ss tankards at this stage.

ok guys here the info that you have been waiting for.
it will be a 9 o'clock start with the per head cost being 50 bucks to cover the beers during the day and 10 for a bbq with sausages and salad.
those that have the cubes, those will cost you 50.
can i get all those that are coming on the day that i haven't spoken to to contact me so i can get a final number for catering.
my groomsman and i will be identifiable by the ss tankard that we will be drinking from.
should be a good day

ok guys here the info that you have been waiting for.
it will be a 9 o'clock start with the per head cost being 50 bucks to cover the beers during the day and 10 for a bbq with sausages and salad.
those that have the cubes, those will cost you 50.
can i get all those that are coming on the day that i haven't spoken to to contact me so i can get a final number for catering.
my groomsman and i will be identifiable by the ss tankard that we will be drinking from.
should be a good day

G'day Barls,

Do we just bring the cash for cubes etc on the day? Or do you need payment in advance?

How do you want me to get the cash to you, Barls? You want to PM me your account details and I can transfer it so you aren't short on the day?

pm sent.
as for the others that are going can you drop the cash and a cube off to me or one of the others going before the day.

I won't be able to meet you guys up there after all, turns out my Uncle is going to The Who concert up there and has friends staying, so our trip has been delayed till next month. In any case I though it was a saturday and I didn't get the friday off, was gonna have that weekend and following week off. Had stuff booked in at work already for tomorrow, was trying to get rid of it but I coudn't.

I am sure the day will go well and good luck with the wedding and honeymoon Barls.

I'll make sure I can get in the next one if it comes along sometime.
All the cubes for this still taken??

Will be good to put some faces to the names at the Sydney Easter swap, see you guys there instead.

Holy crap!!!

Just re-read the thread and the brewday is on tomorrow.

Lucky thing is, I am on days off so I will be there.

I told barls the gf will be there. She has to work, but I might bring a mate along in her place.

hey guys,

how was the day?

now i have a cube of this sitting here (cheers Josh :icon_cheers: ) but haven't got a clue about the recipe....

Does anyone have it? or have an idea of what went into the beer?

It was my day off but from what I've heard your cube will either be a lower than expected "half strong ale" or wort collected while it was boiling over from the kettle....

Barls will just have to get married again, when it's not my day off....(kidding Keith)

Thanks to Keith and the people from Potter's for having us. We were able to use all the equipment which was a welcome surprise, I didn't know if it would be so hands on or just watching Keith brew while we tasted their beers.

The original boil over while we were in the tasting room could have gone on for a while before anyone noticed it. And the final runnings were still 1.040. We really coulda taken those in another cube and boiled it up upon arriving home. So we missed the target OG of 1.119 by a mile. I'm sure it'll make fine beer though.

The grain bill was 5 bags of Pale malt and about 28kg of Amber malt.

Hops, anyone?

So we missed the target OG of 1.119 by a mile. I'm sure it'll make fine beer though.

Hops, anyone?

Has anyone measured the OG yet? Mine is still in the cube.

From memory we ended up putting 650g of EKG and 650g of Fuggles for bittering and then 350g of Styrian Goldings as whirlpool additions.

Latest posts

Back