Barls Pre Wedding Brewday

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to everyone involved on the day and thanks to everyone involved in getting me my cube.

I pitched mine last night onto a yeast cake of 1469. I took a gravity reading and it was only 1058. I think I have slightly overpitched on this one. I was thinking off adding some brett to this and make it a traditional old ale, I might even add some brown sugar to bumb up the gravity.

Can anyone add anything else to the recipe. I would like to add it to beersmith

I had to fit a blow off tube this morning as the yeast was going nuts

Kabooby :)

cheers all for coming and keith for putting on such a good day.

ok hows everyones version tasting?

Mine is sitting in a keg conditining. I bumped it up with a kg of brown sugar and then added a tube of WLP645 Brettanomyces Claussenii to the keg. I will leave it for a few more weeks before I try it.

More importantly, how is yours going?

Mine is still sitting on the brett. Will be a bit before I bottle it, probably another month or so. Quick smells suggest it's going to be funky. :chug:

Mine is still sitting on the brett. Will be a bit before I bottle it, probably another month or so. Quick smells suggest it's going to be funky. :chug:

What brett did you use Stuster?

Might have to do a bottle swap when there done :rolleyes:

Drinking mine now.
I'm pretty sure I did it on WY1099 Whitbread. OG was around 1060. Has a lovely lovely aroma but bitterness is a little harsh

What brett did you use Stuster?

Might have to do a bottle swap when there done :rolleyes:

I used the VSS Old yeast strain. I'm pretty sure it's Brett B that it has in there, as well as supposedly the Thomas Hardy yeast strain. Anyway, certainly up for a bottle swap on that one. Which brett are you using?

still have to ferment mine, been busy.
schooey Keith might have fermented yours by now

Ahh well... as long he enjoyed it. Probably only makes us square when you consider his generosity on comp days etc.. :D

I used the VSS Old yeast strain. I'm pretty sure it's Brett B that it has in there, as well as supposedly the Thomas Hardy yeast strain. Anyway, certainly up for a bottle swap on that one. Which brett are you using?

I fermented with WY1469 West Yorkshire Ale. I then added a whole tube of WLP645 Brettanomyces Claussenii in the keg. It is meant to be isolated from strong english stock beers.
From the white labs site
WLP645 Brettanomyces claussenii
Low intensity Brett character. Originally isolated from strong English stock beer, in the early 20th century. The Brett flavors produced are more subtle than WLP650 and WLP653. More aroma than flavor contribution. Fruity, pineapple like aroma. B. claussenii is closely related to B. anomalus.

just pitched mine with the wyeast old ale blend

Back