Barefoot Radler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Synthetase

Reaction score
After a recent party, a few of these got left behind. I just opened one up and... *shudder* it was awful! After two mouthfuls, I poured it down the sink.

I thought it might have been a fairly run of the mill pale beer with a hint of citrus and a slight citric acid twang that might make it more thirst quenching. Instead is was sickly sweet with the lime "flavour" outstripping everything in the bottle. Absolutely disgusting.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Yep.

A guy I worked with brought some to work for afternoon drinks...yep nice of him to offer...but F@#k it is one shit beer...if you could even call it that.

:icon_vomit:

In the same ballpark, my wife bought me a bottle of 'Miller Chill' the other day.

Thanks, dear... :icon_vomit:

I was at Zachary's at Mooloolaba one nite, and they have a great selection of beers for a bar/club. From kriek to pilsners and to abbey beers....

So I gave the bartender $10 and told him to surprise me on one round...(cheapskate, I was only buying for myself)

And he gave me one of those.... :icon_vomit:

I took it back and he gave me a Coopers Sparkling to wash my mouth out...

Basically the same lager and lime we used to feed to the chicks in the UK in the 1960s.

Elsie_Tanner__Ena_Sharples__Annie_Walker_500.jpg

PS don't fancy yours

+1 hate this beer and the whole lime lemon beer section, wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole. Worst beer ever :icon_vomit:

took me a whole year to try palm off that shit to my friends, and then i found out my mum liked it!
definately a rank beer

this beer isnt a radler a radler by name is a shandy beer with lemonade

I would have to agree that this has got to be the worst beer I've had. Its 50/50 beer and lime cordial.

I went to a Monteiths beer dinner a couple of months back and this beer was served second-after the golden lager which was my pick of their beers. The Monteiths rep was there and got a blasting over it by about 80 odd tasters. He was having a hard time keeping a straight face when trying to introduce the beer.

Some of their other stuff is ok, but the radler...

Alf

sorry mates, a radler is not a beer!

a radler is a radler and beer is a beer :rolleyes:

a radler is ~50% beer and ~50% lemonade, you like it or you hate it ;)

Cheers :icon_cheers:

just like diesel coke and beer yukk bloody berliners i know loved that i didnt

sorry mates, a radler is not a beer!

a radler is a radler and beer is a beer :rolleyes:

a radler is ~50% beer and ~50% lemonade, you like it or you hate it ;)

Cheers :icon_cheers:

Barefoot are the ones calling it a radler. I think it's diamond bright vomit in a bottle.

Barefoot are the ones calling it a radler. I think it's diamond bright vomit in a bottle.

There's only one reason to stick a wedge of citrus in or add cordial to a beer: Because that beer sucks so bad that you need to mask the taste and aroma.

Not to mention that DB (Monteith's owners) are suing anyone who uses the German word for "cyclist" to describe this, eh, style (cocktail?) of beer. Wankers.

I beg permission to use this beautiful insult in my future descriptions of horrible beer. I agree wholeheartedly about the taste of this beer, bloody awful no matter what they call it.

In fact - I'm puttin it in my sig. :D

Lime and beer definitely isn't a combination that appeals to me. I tried some Mexican thing they call beer that had lime in it and that was enough for me, can't remember what it was called but it was one of the very few beers that I could just not finish.

I love basically anything with citrus. Put the words "lemon" or "lime" next to pretty much anything on a menu and I'll order the shit out of it.

Even I have not been gullible enough to hand over good money for this pus. Forshame, AHB. Forshame.

I was hoping to get a comment in about this beer and the likes of Millers Chill, etc., but it appears everyone has already said what I was thinking...

but oh well, here goes....

...only horrid, rancid, putrid, mainstream, shandy-loving, corona-drinking, sensative-new-age-megaswilling-fashion-victims would buy a carton of this vile shit.

rant out

Bowie

Latest posts

Back