Barefoot Radler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As everyone already stated a radler is just a premixed shandy, I think the name is German they sell them everywhere. In most of the beer halls in munich you can even order them by the Litre...

You probably were just expecting a beer, not a shandy, like when my brother when he ordered bulmers thinking it was beer and not a cider, and said it was revolting!

You probably were just expecting a beer, not a shandy, like when my brother when he ordered bulmers thinking it was beer and not a cider, and said it was revolting!
thats the point. I can imagine how an Aussie feels when he orders a radler in Munich, just expecting to get a beer. Must be similar to the feeling a German has when he gets Vegemite for breakfast, expecting that would be a marmelade :p

thats the point. I can imagine how an Aussie feels when he orders a radler in Munich, just expecting to get a beer. Must be similar to the feeling a German has when he gets Vegemite for breakfast, expecting that would be a marmelade :p

Gees, but a Radler here is nothing like a Shandy, my wife has them all the time (shandies) and that's 1 part beer 2 parts lemonade. The Radlers ( here in Aus) in the bottle taste nothing like that :icon_vomit: .

Andrew

I thought a shandie was half and half? SWMBO is on Lite Shandies.

Gees, but a Radler here is nothing like a Shandy, my wife has them all the time (shandies) and that's 1 part beer 2 parts lemonade. The Radlers ( here in Aus) in the bottle taste nothing like that :icon_vomit: .

Andrew

Haven't tried the one here, but having a taste of SWMBO's Radler in Munich and it tasted pretty close to a shandy, but it didnt look as pale, was about the same colour as a pilsner from memory, they might be a little lighter on the lemonade being Germans :p

hummingbird-beer.jpg

Nice work around the alcopop tax...

My first and only experience of this beverage was with fish and chips. I thought someone had put the wrong label on the bottle, it was like the cheapest fake lime flavoured soft drink from go-lo. I doubt there was a drop of beer in it. What a dissappointment.

I don't suppose it crossed anyone elses minds that maybe this drink isn't targeted at blokey blokes like yourselves? There is obviously a market for it, but most of them wear a skirt...

I don't suppose it crossed anyone elses minds that maybe this drink isn't targeted at blokey blokes like yourselves? There is obviously a market for it, but most of them wear a skirt...

Don't tell me their target market is the Rugby League crowd? :ph34r:

Cheers SJ :lol:

Well I can tell you that the skirt wearer in my house said it tasted like shite, so obviously it is crap :lol:

I see more men drinking that stuff then women....

Perhaps it is aimed more toward the immature palate rather than a specific gender.

There's something about a woman that enjoys a Strong Ale or an IIPA. Whether she has her pants on or not. :icon_drool2:

Back