Bar Room Design

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit of an update. Have 2 shelves installed on one side, still have 2 more for that side and 2 for the other side to do. All the timber supporting the shelves are already cut and ready to go, just need more brackets. The shelves themselves still need to be cut to size and thankfully with the help of the jigsaw don't take long. This morning I had a little bit of time before work so I began installing the glosswood panels for the front. Starting to take shape.

Two shelves in
a6cc1e13.jpg

First panel on
b835c96f.jpg

A few more panels installed
d3e4b841.jpg

Some more updates over the weekend. The bar isn't finished but it's in a state that can be used for a party this weekend.

Some more panels
ed0b1e35.jpg

All front panels in, just need to do the side panels
988d1be0.jpg

From the serving side where I'll mount 6 fonts and 2 beer engines - space on the left is for the gas bottle and empty kegs, conditioning bottles and whatever else will fit. Shelves on the right are for bottles at the bottom and then glasses in the others.
4e5ed351.jpg

It's been full steam ahead lately in the bar room. Last night I mounted the taps to the bar. Nothing is hooked up to the kegs yet but hope to do that tonight. I'll be putting in a bench along the back wall with a sink and am considering putting the hand pumps on there freeing up space on the bar for the taps that will be used the most and allowing some area for mixing drinks.

Taps installed
68360aff.jpg

Behind the bar - shelves for spirits, glasses and misc
836c1911.jpg

Behind the bar - storage for kegs and large items
44be629b.jpg

It's pretty much alive now. Ran beer lines to the 6 fonts, making each line a bit over 2m. Wrapped the lines in some laundry insulation foam I got from the big green shed. Probably need to insulate the individual lines as they come off the bundle, but that can happen later. Fosters and guiness both drip from the tap so need to pull the handle off and give the seals a clean. So good having beer back on tap and a bar rather than mounted to a small table.

8 kegs, 6 beer lines
4e3b8e57.jpg

Insulated beer line trunking
19a60a81.jpg

The first sample - pilsner. mmmm
fab03e83.jpg

Got some family and friends coming over this weekend for Browntoberfest. I'd like to get the brewing process down better before offering up my beers to fellow brewers. Had tentatively offered to host the xmas swap but that ended up being all sorted.

looking good, what's the first pour like and the 2nd if greater than 45 minutes ? Does the length of the line (out of the freezer) cause many issues ?

Got some family and friends coming over this weekend for Browntoberfest. I'd like to get the brewing process down better before offering up my beers to fellow brewers. Had tentatively offered to host the xmas swap but that ended up being all sorted.

I work in Guildford so anytime you need a 2nd opinion on a sample let me know. Happy to take one for the team before you mass distribute. ;)

Cheers, Mat.

I work in Guildford so anytime you need a 2nd opinion on a sample let me know. Happy to take one for the team before you mass distribute. ;)

Cheers, Mat.

Cool. I just live up the road from the Rose and Crown. I think I've nearly got the same amount of beers on tap as they do!

mxd - not really tested things out as only got it hooked up about 10 last night. No doubt there will be some foaming as I always get some. Will have a proper idea of how it all goes on Saturday, pouring steins so should be a reasonable time in between pours.

looks good mate I am in thorlie so not that far away if you need any help Michael

I am probably too late, but I was gonna suggest rather than a lift up entry to have a door that opens both ways, that way when your carrying anything (beers, kegs, etc) you can just boot it open rather than put every thing down first.

I am very glad I did it with mine! :beer:

Bar_03.JPG

Hey Homer,

I decided against the lift up entry in the end, mainly due to the placement of a window. Going to go for a small return like you have if I get jarrah boards, or not if it's a rough edge slab

You wont regret a two way entry and with a small key latch you can stop the little brewers getting in quite easily - just check before you boot it open, cause if it is locked, it hurts your toes a fair bit! :icon_cheers:

Cheers
Homer

A bit of a very over due update.

Previously
f15cd8f5.jpg

With the jarrah boards installed and the bar top in place but not secured (made some mods to it)
ce99ed8b.jpg

Without the top on, can see the 'splash back' boards to prevent liquid or anything else from falling down the back
aff1c8ad.jpg

Putting in jarrah dado panels over top of the fake liner boards I had originally
4d6b4065.jpg

Bar top in and secured
9edf4c49.jpg

Next time will be installing the jarrah onto the top and then putting edging all around to make it look like thick jarrah timber. Lots of sanding back of the dado panels is needed to make them come up nice.

Here I am thinking there are no beers on handpump near me! Very jealous.

Well looks like I've stuffed this thread up a bit by sorting the files in photobucket but here's a bit of a recap and the current situation
Frame
213d3276.jpg

Fake panelling
4cab4214.jpg

Serving side
4e5ed351.jpg

With taps
68360aff.jpg

Jarrah boards on serving side
15693fc5.jpg

Panelling replaced with jarrah boards and top bar support in place
3c47d31e.jpg

Jarrah going on the top bar
25b60329.jpg

Nearly completed construction
0d8fb7a2.jpg

Lacquer on the panelling
44b1bf83.jpg

2 coats on the top, 1 coat the rest
b4df2d3a.jpg

3rd coat on top, 2nd on the rest (final coat for now)
7821bf67.jpg

Now to clean the room from all the dust generated by the belt sander, put the taps on and hook it all up again!

Need to put a small 1/4 round at the bottom and get my hands on a foot rail.

lookin' good cdbrown... now get that sucker finished!

Back