Bar Fridge For Cornelius Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francismcphail

Reaction score
Hi all I've been hunting now for a keg fridge for a while. I bought one off eBay that turned out to be a dud $93.25 down the tube but I beleive in Karma... (What goes around comes around.. So mister shonky eBay seller of fridges just you wait! :angry: )

Anyway.. I have a seen a few posts outlining that there have been a few bar type fridges (size wise) that are capable of handling two cornelius kegs. I've attempted to PM the posters about these fridges but with never any responce.

So my question is does anyone know of any bar style fridges that will handle two cornelius kegs?
I do know that once I've filled the buggers the brewing bug will dig a little deeper and I'll want to but another two, and so on and so forth..

I'm happy to go down the full size path for a fridge but at a realist price.. It's just a matter of looking...

you need quite a tallish bar fridge i know that much , and dont try and be clever and cut the freezer bit out to make the kigs fit as thats where the cold for the fridge comes from , so take that out and throw the fridge away with it ... ive been lucky enought to find a couple of cheap fridges on ebay and they both work a treat it just takes a bit of time to find a bargain thats all

Have you thought about getting a secondhand chest freezer?
The mid sized ones are about the size of a bar fridge and you can usually get two or more kegs in and its easy to mount a font and taps on the top.

Have you thought about getting a secondhand chest freezer?
The mid sized ones are about the size of a bar fridge and you can usually get two or more kegs in and its easy to mount a font and taps on the top.

And dont forget that you will need a temp controller for the freezer and a font or a collar that raises the lid so that you can fit beer taps. Freezers that are converted are a good way to go. Ebay can be a worry at times :(

Cheers

If you are lucky and you keep looking in the right places, you can find bar fridges that don't have an ice compartment, and that are tall enough to fit a pair of cornies. It's worth getting friendly with a couple of fridge reconditioners and ring them every couple of weeks. They'll know what you mean, the fridge uses a chiller plate on the rear wall instead of an ice section. They don't come up all that often though.

If you have more space than time then a chest freezer is a good option, you'll find that the extra cold storage won't get wasted for cold conditioning and even primary for lagers. As others have mentioned though, a freezer takes a bit more work to set it up for the warmer temps and you'll need a font, a collar, or some careful work to put taps in it.

I have both now, a 2-tap bar fridge and a 6-tap chest freezer. Both are 'portable' depending on the event, the bar fridge is great for parties but I don't really bother with it at home. The freezer goes on the trailer for more extreme camping and drinking occasions...

I bought a bar fridge to do up, but I had a 23l keg and it fit in fine. Then I decided to buy a couple more cornies, an 18 and 19. The 18 fit ok but not the 19, and as some one had mentioned you can't take out that freezer.
So now i have a s/h chest freezer, just waiting to get some wood to use instead of the top of the freezer, and then I am going to put in my font from Ross and it will be the ducks nuts.
Eric :chug:

I had one with a freezer compartment, it was just a big cooling plate bent in a U shape which sat at the top of the fridge sideways. I ripped all the gear out that I could (light, thermostat control cover, freezer door flap, etc) and bent the cooler plate out into a big L. It has a big solid wire thingy connecting it to the compressor which is stiff enough to hold it right up the top without any other support. Once I did this, it fit 2 cornies in nicely. The warmest setting on the tstat was the only one which wouldnt freeze a cup of water, instead keeping it at a nice 2C. Picked it up for $70 in the paper, works a treat.

Hi all I've been hunting now for a keg fridge for a while. I bought one off eBay that turned out to be a dud $93.25 down the tube but I beleive in Karma... (What goes around comes around.. So mister shonky eBay seller of fridges just you wait! :angry:

Camp on his door step if you need to and let everyone else know about. That's how Ebay works.

I'm sorry for your bad experience.

Scott

... ive been lucky enought to find a couple of cheap fridges on ebay and they both work a treat it just takes a bit of time to find a bargain thats all

I picked up a ripper fridge today,scored it from ebay $51.00,would look good in any kitchen.

Batz

Back