Banning Glassware In Pubs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darwinism takes care of itself.

Don't breed with fucken idiots, asshats or those not like you.... the weak, stupid, and plain old dumb ass will be bread out.

............ and the future is good.

MMMKKAAYYYYY

Zero Tolerance makes no distinction between stealing a loaf of bread to feed a starving family, and stealing a loaf of bread to vandalise a car with.

Ummm... I know this has nothing to do with glassing, but how do you vandalise a car with a loaf of bread? :blink:

Maybe I need another drink to figure that one out.

Hopper.

Well, you wait for it to go (very) stale - or freeze it - and throw it through the window.

Or... you do the old Axel Foley trick and jam it up the exhaust pipe :)

No drinks required.

Ummm... I know this has nothing to do with glassing, but how do you vandalise a car with a loaf of bread? :blink:

Maybe I need another drink to figure that one out.

Hopper.

one is stealing to stop themselves and their family from dying of hunger and the other is stealing because they are a lazy, worthless, lying incredibly moral-less piece of crap trying to fuel a heroin addiction.

Darwinism takes care of itself.

Don't breed with fucken idiots, asshats or those not like you.... the weak, stupid, and plain old dumb ass will be bread out.

............ and the future is good.

MMMKKAAYYYYY

Seen the movie Idiocracy? The humour is a bit hit and miss, the underlying message is pretty bloody scary :eek:

To drag this thread further OT, seeing it has mutated in a opinion venting arena, why is everyone so worked up about free uni? Sure, it'd be great to finish uni without a HECS debt, but it doesn't really bother me. I'm about to finish pharmacy, which is the highest bracket for HECS fees but getting this degree in Australia still has to be one of the cheapest places on earth to do it, or any other uni degree.

My parents have some business friends/partners in the states and their son did pharmacy and the debt ran into six figures. I reckon as much as we might bitch and moan, we've still got it pretty good here compared to most people

Sorry guys, I'll add some lightheartedness to this and probably a bit off topic ....

Four Yorkshiremen Sketch

Monty Python

Four well-dressed men sitting together at a vacation resort.

Michael Palin: Ahh.. Very passable, this, very passable.

Graham Chapman: Nothing like a good glass of Chateau de Chassilier wine, ay Gessiah?

Terry Gilliam: You're right there Obediah.

Eric Idle: Who'd a thought thirty years ago we'd all be sittin' here drinking Chateau de Chassilier wine?

MP: Aye. In them days, we'd a' been glad to have the price of a cup o' tea.

GC: A cup ' COLD tea.

EI: Without milk or sugar.

TG: OR tea!

MP: In a filthy, cracked cup.

EI: We never used to have a cup. We used to have to drink out of a rolled up newspaper.

GC: The best WE could manage was to suck on a piece of damp cloth.

TG: But you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor.

MP: Aye. BECAUSE we were poor. My old Dad used to say to me, "Money doesn't buy you happiness."

EI: 'E was right. I was happier then and I had NOTHIN'. We used to live in this tiiiny old house, with greaaaaat big holes in the roof.

GC: House? You were lucky to have a HOUSE! We used to live in one room, all hundred and twenty-six of us, no furniture. Half the floor was missing; we were all huddled together in one corner for fear of FALLING!

TG: You were lucky to have a ROOM! *We* used to have to live in a corridor!

MP: Ohhhh we used to DREAM of livin' in a corridor! Woulda' been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woken up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House!? Hmph.

EI: Well when I say "house" it was only a hole in the ground covered by a piece of tarpolin, but it was a house to US.

GC: We were evicted from *our* hole in the ground; we had to go and live in a lake!

TG: You were lucky to have a LAKE! There were a hundred and sixty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road.

MP: Cardboard box?

TG: Aye.

MP: You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, out Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

GC: Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY!

TG: Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

EI: Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, (pause for laughter), eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."

MP: But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.

ALL: Nope, nope..

Cheers

Well, you wait for it to go (very) stale - or freeze it - and throw it through the window.

Or... you do the old Axel Foley trick and jam it up the exhaust pipe :)

No drinks required.

Hahaaa! :lol:

Wow, this is certainly a hot topic and feel/want that I may as well add my 2 cents...
I'm not going to go through and quote all the comments made here as there are some very valid and some not so valid comments made by others and soo...
1. Video games, media, etc. have nothing to do with creating violence! IT'S FANTASY!! If the person playing/watching particular media can't destinguish between fantasy and reality then banning/censoring such things won't make a squat of difference.
2. Banning glassware will NOT prevent a mentally incapacitated F$#KWIT from using any such available item being used as a potential weapon! A weapon is ANY such item which can/may be potentailly used to create harm to another person(A shoe can be used to beat someone senseless!!)
3. Governments(not specifically towards Brumby ;) ) need to wake up to themselves and stop waisting money of F#$KEN Hummers, and inject funds into proper areas, such as more police presence in numbers on the streets!

As far as Magistrates and law courts are concerned, if a defendant has no care in their apperance(ripped jeans, unshaven, etc.) while presenting themselves before the courts then surely they have no care(remorse) in relation to whatever crime has been committed by such person. I have seen time and time again people present themselves in such a fashion and the magistrate issue nothing more a slap on the wrist, then only to see the defendant outside court laughing and joking about how easy they 'got away with it'!!

And of course parents need to have some accountability regarding their childs actions...however this may not apply in every case, I admit that I was a bit of a shit of a kid(petty crime, never by any means ever physically hurt anyone!! Oh, except that bloke that looked at my girlfriend(kidding :D )) and both my parents are upstanding members of the community, law abiding and showed me and my siblings nothing but love and devotion - I will say though that those days are long gone as I have a respect for not only life and other people but their belongings too, call it maturity?? (Ah crap, now I sound like my parents :lol: )

Solution: NEUTER ALL UNREMORSEFULL F#$KWITS AND DICKHEADS!! :super:

I struggle to drink beer out of a plastic cup, I would probably walk away if someone gave me one at a pub...

I encountered one the other night, went and saw Disturbed at the Vector arena (free ticket), and was so disappointed as the only three beers they had were crappy as Aussie beers for a start, Crown lager, Pure Blonde, and Cascade Light?!?! Yet then they proceed to open the nice cold glass bottle, and pour the contents into a plastic cup?!?! Like, WTF?!?!?!

Result = Shitty beer tasted even worse and warmed up asap :(

What I couldnt get over is the fact that its a NZ stadium, in Auckland, NZ, yet they only sell Australian beer <_<

As a result of this, I now hate Vector!

reviled: Don't forget those bloody youngens and their rock and heavy metal music turning them into violent killers. <_<

reviled: Don't forget those bloody youngens and their rock and heavy metal music turning them into violent killers. <_<

I happen to be one of those youngens (well at least I used to be, not sure if im still classed as one?). But I for one have not ever started any trouble at a concert (not to mention the fact the last fight I was in was over 12 years ago)...

In fact, ive also found that Rock/Heavy Metal concerts can be some of the friendliest concerts out there... I went and saw Pantera at a tender age of 14 by myself, and was well taken care of by all of the rockers and death metallers, it was a choice night :lol:

Bit sad that this thread could garner so much interest yet somebody on another thread asks why he gets low efficiency with Weyermann Pils malt and torrified wheat in equal amounts and gets nary a reply. :(

This is becoming less of a homebrewing forum and more of a soapbox for one-upmanship type rants. :ph34r:

Warren -

I do maint work inside jails...

I can tell you that even if you take EVERYTHING away from them, they still manage to find a way to make weapons,contraband or smuggle....

Those guys could turn fresh air into a weapon

They should just give us all Cityrail issued paper cups to sip our beer from and be done with it. The biggest injury anyone would get would be a papercut.

Cityrail cups would leak like a sieve and deliver flat, late poor tasting beer not matter how good the product was that went into the cup originally.

Cityrail cups would leak like a sieve and deliver flat, late poor tasting beer not matter how good the product was that went into the cup originally.

And be covered in graffitti. Which brings me to how there is talk of banning aerosol paint to stop graffitti. :lol: As if

Sorry guys, I'll add some lightheartedness to this and probably a bit off topic ....

Four Yorkshiremen Sketch

Monty Python

Four well-dressed men sitting together at a vacation resort....
Hahaha I needed a good laugh! Thanks Mossy, that made my day...even reading it makes me laugh!

Back