Ballarat Beer Festival

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was a good day out, bigger than I expected, and bigger than the brewers expected too from the couple I was speaking with.
I reckon next year should see a few more breweries rock up with a bit more beer, and I wouldn't be surprised if the organisers find a way to let more people through the gates as well. Apparently they's only just managed to sell the 3000 tickets they needed to break even on pre sale, but about 2 hours into it they were turning people away! Pretty typical of the general public in Ballarat assuming that they'll just be able to turn up on the day.
The lines were long at some points, but they always seemed to be moving pretty fast, I never got too thirsty before I hit the front of the line.

All in all I thought it was quite well organised, especially for a first year festival. The sun was shining, the food was good, the beer was plentiful, the people were generaly well behaved (apart from the need for brewers to constantly explain that black is a "normal" colour for a beer), and it was nice to get to shake hands with a few of you guys. I'll definately be there next year.

Latest posts

Back