Ball lock keg stripped thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As HBHB states, they are fine and a good cheaper replacement than originals. They are just harder to get on and slow a pour down. They must be overall larger in volume and in so, act like a small blockage. I read that chopping of the bottom coil of the spring helps with the pouring speed and makes the disconnect easier to get on/off. This I can confirm as I have done one and it helped alot.

The link you provided are the generic poppets I use. Just from a different supplier.

manticle said:
Cheers Camo.

@Cube - which are the generic poppets and which would you recommend? I had a few of the small ones with three feet which I found troublesome after popping out to clean. Have some other single piece + spring ( http://www.grainandgrape.com.au/products/category/KAIUEOMA%20kegs-and-accessories/7KEG+TANK+PL+POP+KK )

IMHO: [H=Humble]

By the sounds, a thread file should see you clear, if you cannot get one easily - welcome to borrow mine, maybe drop into an old school mechanic shop or engineering place and they should do it for a $10 or less - if you are still in Brunswick, probably a durry will be a more appropriate form of payment :ph34r:

With the cheaper disconnects, I have found the hole they drill that the 'ball' retracts through can have a bur that sometimes will restrict the retraction of one of the balls making it harder to push on or get off - pull it completely apart and inspect. And as above, obviously lube never hurts, as in many things in life.

2c.

sent from my arse using a very squinted face.

Last latte I had here was shit. They gave me a coffee loyalty card that promptly went in the bin with about half the coffee.

Fuckin' awseome burgers available locally though.

In Fairfield daily for a stock pick up [Grange rd - but no stress] - happy to help if I can mate [Mechanic by trade]

PM me if you wanna try and line something up - always happy to look after the noobs! :p

Cheers!

Edit: a durry will do...

Cool mate. Will PM to arrange a time. Business hours yeah?

Grange is a block away.

Cocko said:
In Fairfield daily for a stock pick up [Grange rd - but no stress] - happy to help if I can mate [Mechanic by trade]

PM me if you wanna try and line something up - always happy to look after the noobs! :p

Cheers!

Edit: a durry will do...
GTFO. I wondered why your palms were so rough! When did you wise up and get out of the game?

@ Manticle - give him half a durry mate, you know they charge double what the jobs worth.

Camo6 said:
GTFO. I wondered why your palms were so rough! When did you wise up and get out of the game?

No jokes, the very day my ticket arrived, I resigned.

I was Diesel too.. as much fun as handling big tools was [insert gag].... smelling like oil/fuel and having black finger nails was... it wasn't for me.

Worked on plant equipment, which was cool for about 2-3 years but yeah - worst. trade. ever.

IMO.

Sorry for the OT, OP.

Cocko said:
No jokes, the very day my ticket arrived, I resigned.

I was Diesel too.. as much fun as handling big tools was [insert gag].... smelling like oil/fuel and having black finger nails was... it wasn't for me.

Worked on plant equipment, which was cool for about 2-3 years but yeah - worst. trade. ever.

IMO.

Sorry for the OT, OP.
Good move. I hung around for six months before moving on. Moved back up the country for bout 8 years doing bit of everything before returning to the burbs and married life. Went back to the trade for job security when my first bubs came along and been stuck in it for last five years. Only good thing about the trade is you can pretty much walk in off the street and get a job anywhere.

Back on topic;

@Manticle - have you tried a ratchet and socket and a bit of downforce? Sometimes, if lined up straight, you can realign the thread with a bit of force. Sometimes it just makes it worse.

Do not fight the thread, be one with the thread.

Downforce yes but need to get some deeper sockets if I'm to try that.

I'll see what ol' mate cocko can do before I play too much. Still got 5 kegs and a load of bottles that need filling and I need to get brewing.

I hear you there.

Back