Bad Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IainMcLean

Reaction score
A friend came round tonight with a great selection of brews to try over the course of the evening. She brought two bottles of Baron's Lemon Myrtle Witbier because it's a strange thing for a beer to have in it, and on those grounds worth trying.

Have to say it's going in the hall of shame. First mouthful tasted like Hoegarden... but when you breath out it tasted like chewing a lemon leaf... not good. Very oily kind of taste.... we ended up agreeing it smelt just like our washing liquid - as we poured them down the sink. Not something we do often but this was a case of 'next please'....

A friend came round tonight with a great selection of brews to try over the course of the evening. She brought two bottles of Baron's Lemon Myrtle Witbier because it's a strange thing for a beer to have in it, and on those grounds worth trying.

Have to say it's going in the hall of shame. First mouthful tasted like Hoegarden... but when you breath out it tasted like chewing a lemon leaf... not good. Very oily kind of taste.... we ended up agreeing it smelt just like our washing liquid - as we poured them down the sink. Not something we do often but this was a case of 'next please'....

That's a shame. I quite like it.

What's your washing liquid, maybe I should try that.

(no shit. seriously)

regulardishsoap.png

Each to their own.
One girl tried it and quite liked it last night.
I've had other beers from them and liked them but this one was just a out there...

Well it is a witbier so you'd expect it to be similar to hoegaarden, just with the added lemon flavour.

It's not my favourite beer in the world but I found it drinkable. I think Barons did a better job with their Black Wattle Ale though.

Back