Bad Batch - Bin it or savable?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So a few weeks have passed now with this and I had another sample last night, first aroma was citrus which I was happy with, however on tasting its still got a harsh taste but not as bad as a couple of weeks back.

Given it was fermented too high temp and with the harsh flavour I'm fairly confident its coming from fusel's. I've read over time these can diminish and the brew may turn out ok, question is should I leave the ale at room temp or chill it to give it the best chance to come right? also if chilling should I carb it or just leave as is?

Cheers

Leyther said:
So a few weeks have passed now with this and I had another sample last night, first aroma was citrus which I was happy with, however on tasting its still got a harsh taste but not as bad as a couple of weeks back.

Given it was fermented too high temp and with the harsh flavour I'm fairly confident its coming from fusel's. I've read over time these can diminish and the brew may turn out ok, question is should I leave the ale at room temp or chill it to give it the best chance to come right? also if chilling should I carb it or just leave as is?

Cheers
Wisdom of manticle

manticle said:
Better to leave chilled unless proceeding with plan to add active yeast.

Taste a room temp sample to get an indication of levels of off flavours though.

To add - either carb or at least store under pressure. I'd carb, chill and forget for a few months if you have the fridge space.

Thanks I'll give that a whirl I can afford it a bit longer

Latest posts

Back