Babbs Etiquette

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
I'll be heading down to the October meeting for my first time hell or high water and would like to bring a bottle of my fake Pilsener :lol: which is actually shaping up quite nicely, for comment.

What actually is the etiquette? I bottle exclusively in 2L PET

petbottle.JPG

which is a fair hunk-a-beer. Of course I will bring it down in an esky ice-packed, plus my faithful 3L jug, but should I bring a few glasses as well? When I arrive is there a place I deposit the 'sample' - in other words is there a structured sample-and-offer-feedback system or is it fairly informal? Just a wee bit apprehensive as I don't know anyone there although I'm sure I'll bump into numerous forum members.

Cheers BribieG, (Michael)

When is the October one on Bribie. I wouldnt mind going to one of these too but dont normally find out when it is on until a day or two out.

cheers brad

Going on previous months it looks like last Thursday of the month, which would put October meeting on Thurs 30 October. If I can hold back on guzzling all my 'fake pilsener' before then, should suit me fine :p

It's on the fourth Thursday of each month, which makes it the 23rd. Other details are at the BABBs Website

Bring along as many beers as you'd like. 2L bottles are fine and the glasses are provided, unless you like dragging around a special one. There'll be plenty of other brewers there that give great advice and will drink your beers, even the infected ones haha.

Thanks for that kram, imprinted on my memory for ever :p - no infections around here, well not in the beer anyway B)

Latest posts

Back