automover.com.au/ & Beer Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaveFun

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm sitting at the airport and waiting for my flight home to WA. Been working for a few months in QLD.

I have been sending my car back with automover.com.au.

Automover allows you to put some items inside the car.
I just received a call from automover that they will not carry my 6 x korny and 2 x 50l kegs and I can collect them or they bin them.

I ask what the problem with the kegs the answer was that they not allowed to carry gas bottles.

I told them that they are not gas bottles and if they like they can open the lids.
But I received the same answer that the carrier thinks they don't look right and they can cause problems in transport.

I'm sitting here and waiting for my flight back to WA.. nothing that I can do I lose all my kegs..

For everyone don't send any kegs across the state in your car :)

Cheers
Stefan

Automover in their agreement states "Carrier reserves the right to refuse the Carriage of Goods for any Person, corporation, company or other entity and the Carriage of any class of goods at its discretion"

Perhaps try explaining they are not a dangerous good, are empty beverage containers and note your warranty in the agreement: 3. CONSIGNOR’S WARRANTIES 3.1 The Consignor warrants that:(a) the Goods are fit for Carriage and have been suitably packaged for those purposes;

shit happens but I'm still pissed off that I lost all my kegs.. special the 2x50l kegs which I used to pressure ferment...

Latest posts

Back