Auto-siphon? Any good and where do you get them from?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welly2

Reaction score
As it says in the title! I did have a little bit of a problem getting a siphon going when I transferred from kettle to urn and I'm planning on another brew day soon (a stout) so would like to get that bit nailed.

Cheers

Auto syphon is an underrated bit of kit. I love mine. I am sure most LHBS should have them for cheapish.

To answer you questions:

1. Yes they rock, I use mine constantly.

3. I got mine from the brewcraft website, but most LHBS have them I have seen them at Keg King also.

Buy yourself one of these from gryphon brewing. Agreed with the underratedness of these little bad boys. Racking from primary to bottling bucket or anywhere for that matter is so dam quick and effective.

siphon%20tip.jpg

citizensnips said:
Buy yourself one of these from gryphon brewing. Agreed with the underratedness of these little bad boys. Racking from primary to bottling bucket or anywhere for that matter is so dam quick and effective.

siphon%20tip.jpg
Is there an explanation or video anywhere of how those work citizensnips?

I think you just attach the hose and jiggle it while the other end of the hose in in the gas tank, I mean wort.

Edit: Actually I think it's the other way round.

wbosher said:
I think you just attach the hose and jiggle it while the other end of the hose in in the gas tank, I mean wort.

Edit: Actually I think it's the other way round.
Right, it's got some kind of non-return valve in it. Looks like it might be a similar design to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyTp-X7mcTM&feature=player_embedded

Awesome, I'm going to get one then.

Welly, not sure where abouts in sydney you're based but try asquith homebrewing up in hornsby or thebrewshop/esbrewing in peakhurst. i bought mine from asquith but i've seen them at peakhurst.

joshF said:
Welly, not sure where abouts in sydney you're based but try asquith homebrewing up in hornsby or thebrewshop/esbrewing in peakhurst. i bought mine from asquith but i've seen them at peakhurst.
Speak up mate, I can't hear you.

citizensnips said:

siphon%20tip.jpg

I'm keen for one of these but gryphon brewing are out of stock and the only ones that came up on ebay are made of copper instead of stainless steel.

Any other ideas where to source one?

My siphon died today. I checked about ordering one from Onlinebrewingsupplies.com.au but the postage comes to $25.00. Does anyone know of other suppliers?

Latest posts

Back