Auto Electrician - Southside Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mossyrocks

Reaction score
Guys,

Hopefully I've put this in the right section, I need an electric brake controller installed in my vehicle to control my off road camper trailer.

Does anyone know of anyone or company that can do this and not charge me a fortune. Some quotes I have received are more than 3 times the price of the controller (which I already have).

Cheers,

mossy

what controller is it.

Most are only 3 wires to install.

You only need the control unit in the car installed yeah?
I'm assuming the trailer is already wired ready to go?

Have you wired a temp mate? if so you should have no trouble wiring a brake controller up. Personally I find them to be more of a pain in the arse than they are worth. Give me overrider style hydraulic drums any day of the week.

Failing that try one of the northfield stores http://www.northfieldcarsound.com.au/stores.php
I'd trust a reputable car audio store for this type of thing way before an auto elec. Auto elecs can change a blown globe, replace and alternator or starter, wire a trailer. But get them pulling your interior apart to tap into signal wires and most seem to shit bricks and charge a fortune and bugger the job up any way.
My theory is that theres not too many brand new BMWs and Mercs going in to an auto elec for anything - but theres plenty going into car audio stores for head rest monitors, DVD systems, Satnav systems and big stereos. Therefore the (good) car audio guys seem to be at the forefront of in car electronics

what controller is it.

Most are only 3 wires to install.

You only need the control unit in the car installed yeah?
I'm assuming the trailer is already wired ready to go?

Have you wired a temp mate? if so you should have no trouble wiring a brake controller up. Personally I find them to be more of a pain in the arse than they are worth. Give me overrider style hydraulic drums any day of the week.

Failing that try one of the northfield stores http://www.northfieldcarsound.com.au/stores.php
I'd trust a reputable car audio store for this type of thing way before an auto elec. Auto elecs can change a blown globe, replace and alternator or starter, wire a trailer. But get them pulling your interior apart to tap into signal wires and most seem to shit bricks and charge a fortune and bugger the job up any way.
My theory is that theres not too many brand new BMWs and Mercs going in to an auto elec for anything - but theres plenty going into car audio stores for head rest monitors, DVD systems, Satnav systems and big stereos. Therefore the (good) car audio guys seem to be at the forefront of in car electronics
Thanks for the advice. I haven't wired a tempmate - had a friend do that for me. I might try one of the audio stores like you recommend.

Cheers

Mossy,

Contact Altstart (Jim), he's an auto electrician.

cheers Ross

Back