Australia's most obnoxious sports commentator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fraser's BRB said:
Phil Kearns when he's commentating the Waratahs. He's alright when they're not playing but disgustingly one-eyed for the Tahs.

Yes, I'm a long suffering Reds fan and this may colour my judgement.
You could of just left it at Phil Kearns. You'd have thought he'd know some of the rules. Just a few. Looks like the t**t he is every time he whinges about the ref getting a decision wrong, and like a complete ar5e every time the replay shows the ref was right; and its every time. Almost makes me embarrassed to be a Tahs supporter; almost

Drew Morphett in the footy
Chapell in the cricket
As mentioned that pit guy in Supercars - and some of the commentators when they say "Let's have a listen to the motor" and they go to the microphone on board a car then 2seconds later they start talking over the top of the sound, they can't help themselves
Golf Australia would be Jack Newton, very condescending towards amateurs and players at the club level when commentating

AJS2154 said:
Don't go too hard, Blind Dog.....Phil was a hooker after all.
Hey hey, woo up there. Front row club right here. Let's not tarnish all of us with the Kearns brush.

Also, as a counter to your argument, I give you Ewen McKenzie.

The reason beer was invented was to stop front rowers taking over the world.

Fraser's BRB said:
Hey hey, woo up there. Front row club right here. Let's not tarnish all of us with the Kearns brush.

Also, as a counter to your argument, I give you Ewen McKenzie.

The reason beer was invented was to stop front rowers taking over the world.
I wanted to be a front rower, I really did.....but my coach said I was too pretty and too smart. They strapped me on the side and told me to smash the half back. Win, win.

Çracker line about front rowers and beer mate. That really made me laugh.

Lovin the banter boys! See you. Anthony

AJS2154 said:
I wanted to be a front rower, I really did.....but my coach said I was too pretty and too smart. They strapped me on the side and told me to smash the half back. Win, win.

Çracker line about front rowers and beer mate. That really made me laugh.

Lovin the banter boys! See you. Anthony
I was really a number 8 at heart, but the coach said I was far too manly and strong for that and threw a 3 on my back. He also said a head like mine needs regular panel beating... Not sure what he meant?

So many to choose from. We will get Phil dribbling his special kind of shit tonight. Another 50pt drubbing of the Blues would be great- just so that carnt shuts his gob.
In the AFL Bruce is painful with his "specials" and "clevers" and 'you just get the feeling that..'. But for egotistical and biased flogworthiness it is hard to go past Dermie on Fox.
The cricket - well take your pick, Heals, Tubby, Slatts, the plastic one- they all piss me off. ABC grandstand commentators are miles better. Still miss Skull but.

I do like Bruce mcavaney for his pulling all kind of stats and history of the game but I really get the shits when he comes up with " you really feel the next goal is important here" yes Bruce that's the idea of the game. Or another one he pulls out every week when a teams down 4-5 goals down "they really need to get the next goal don't ya think" well yes... They need to get the next 5

Droopy Brew said:
So many to choose from. We will get Phil dribbling his special kind of shit tonight. Another 50pt drubbing of the Blues would be great- just so that carnt shuts his gob.
In the AFL Bruce is painful with his "specials" and "clevers" and 'you just get the feeling that..'. But for egotistical and biased flogworthiness it is hard to go past Dermie on Fox.
The cricket - well take your pick, Heals, Tubby, Slatts, the plastic one- they all piss me off. ABC grandstand commentators are miles better. Still miss Skull but.
I am a Blues fan Droopy, and would be more than willing to agree to another 50 point flogging if Phil Gould would shut his gob. That would be the deal of the century. Only problem is, he can't stop talking......he has so many people out there yet to tell they are idiots. It's a life time of work for Phil.

I am loving Foxtel having the footie on at the same time as nine. I watch them, although Braith Anasta is on there occasionally too.....Australia's most over rated commentator :D

You are also the first to mention Ian Healey....good get. It was remiss of me not to mention him with my initial rant. My apologies.....what a frankfurt strangler. No player since Heals signed off has ever been as good as him, and in the case of a little known player by the name of Gilchrist, he just fails to mention him. Heals is Ian Chappell in waiting. There is something especially obnoxious about a channel nine cricket commentator.

Keep them coming boys. Plenty to be outed yet.

gould, vautin, rabs, hadley, fittler, johns......NRL really has the dregs of sports commentating..........

also notice they all work for channel nien?

lost at sea said:
gould, vautin, rabs, hadley, fittler, johns......NRL really has the dregs of sports commentating..........

also notice they all work for channel nien?
I'm not sure about fittler. I can never understand enough of what he's saying to tell if he's obnoxious or not. Always speaks as though his lips are sewn together.

i wouldn't call Ian Chapel obnoxious. he just lacks any real personality.
Heals, Tubby and Slater a like a bunch of school kids. i'm sure they cant believe they are getting paid to watch the game they love.

Robert Walls used to give me the shits when he was on Seven.
And so does Mark McClure on the wireless.

Wireless? I thought he was the anchor man for Springfield News?

No one has mentioned Eddie McGuire?

Does he still commentate Collingwood games? That was the ultimate arrogance.

Tim Lane quit his job over it from memory. Fair enough too. At least someone has some integrity.

I have always had a little hate spot for Ken Sutcliff. Seriously who cares what he thinks. He's done nothing and knows nothing

Back