Auspost can go and get Fucked!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No six-pack for our postie this xmas unless he/she lifts their game...sharpish.

IMAG0384.jpg

I think the service from Australia Post is alright. Every year we do more and more Christmas shopping online. This year I reckon we have done 80% online. Started Sunday before last, everything came in during last week. Had it all done and dusted and in by last Saturday. At least 7 or 8 different suppliers basically all from Australia.

Hardest part is we don't get mail delivery so everything has to go to the post office. However the whole town has too so they are open from 6am as that's when they are there, so it works out well for sneaky beer supplies deliveries I get in. Just say they are presents for SHMBO and that's why I can't open them or tell her.

Definitely worth checking out the new service they offer. I have just signed upto it, you choose where your packages go ie, residential, business address especially and post offices. I can change delivery arrangements within so many hours and receive sms prompts on whereabouts of my goods. I would rather it be sitting in a post office thats got some kind of air con than it sitting at home in heat. +1 to yobs idea of an esky if you have no other options.

Kumamoto_Ken said:
No six-pack for our postie this xmas unless he/she lifts their game...sharpish.

IMAG0384.jpg
To be fair, it's in the vicinity of your mailbox isn't it? Sheesh! :rolleyes:

We're used to piss poor service from the east coast here in Wait Awhile. Last thing I got via Fastway from CB took a week to arrive, and then I had to go and collect it from the depot which was about 45 minute drive. Quicker to get stuff out of the US.

those letter boxes are dumb if people don't close the back the mail can go straight back out

Never left mail on the ground tho, a dog took some once...

We used to go to wait a while, warriup, pallinup, my dad's best mate owned the farm at warriup

droid said:
those letter boxes are dumb if people don't close the back the mail can go straight back out
Never left mail on the ground tho, a dog took some once...
We used to go to wait a while, warriup, pallinup, my dad's best mate owned the farm at warriup
Your last sentence ?
Ok,call me dumb.

Sorry should have put
@witwonder in front of the last sentence, wait awhile is a place on the south west coast of WA (where witwonder lives I assume) and warriup and pallinup are beautiful little places around there on the coast. Our school holidays were spent there, amazing to hear on here that a member lives there...that is all

@Kumamoto_ken - only one day to go! how's the posties chances looking? I know if I did that I would be expecting nothin

@spog - maybe witwonder was just referring to WA as waitawhile - and for the record, there is no waitawhile beach or any other hidden jem on the south coast, hmm hmm cough so - please disreguard and move along

Christmas eve get-up, just finished, hopefully people that have had a bad run will enjoy a better one next year

some of us try - couldn't do this if I wasn't a contractor tho

Seen a bloke in yass with same getup great to see Christmas spirit in action

droid said:
@Kumamoto_ken - only one day to go! how's the posties chances looking? I know if I did that I would be expecting nothin
Nah, nothing from me this year Droid.

You were right earlier though, it's a shithouse letterbox. SWMBO has been agitating for an upgrade for some time now and miraculously I've been able to keep her at bay while managing to purchase household essentials such as:
- 40l crown urn
- a variety of jerrycans
- grain mill
- fermentation fridge and temp controller
- kegs
- keg fridge, CO2 cylinder and reg
- new SS tap
etc etc

I've had a good run, long may it last!

droid said:

@spog - maybe witwonder was just referring to WA as waitawhile - and for the record, there is no waitawhile beach or any other hidden jem on the south coast, hmm hmm cough so - please disreguard and move along
Ah,now I understand ,about 150 clicks up the west coast form here near Elliston is a place called No Where Else.
The district council in that area now has the name painted on a large rock because the road signs kept getting stolen.
Sadly I never "acquired " one.

Kumamoto_Ken said:
Nah, nothing from me this year Droid.

You were right earlier though, it's a shithouse letterbox. SWMBO has been agitating for an upgrade for some time now and miraculously I've been able to keep her at bay while managing to purchase household essentials such as:
- 40l crown urn
- a variety of jerrycans
- grain mill
- fermentation fridge and temp controller
- kegs
- keg fridge, CO2 cylinder and reg
- new SS tap
etc etc

I've had a good run, long may it last!
Heh

We had a bucket on its side letterbox for a while (plastic..)

I made a nice wooden one and put it up, the nice posty left a thank you message - makes all the difference :)

Cheers

Latest posts

Back