AU Co2 bottle Type 30 to be filled in USA/Canada

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gplans

Reaction score
Hi There,

I know this topic has been talked about a while ago but thought I would get some fresh ideas.

I am moving back to Canada from Australia and I am taking all my brewing equipment. A few items I own are a couple Co2 regs Type 30 and a Co2 bottle.

I will take them back if I can get an adapter that I can fill the bottle in Canada with but I an not sure if they will fill them in Canada with an adapter and I can only find one place out of the UK that sell the adapter. The adapter is as expensive as the bottle.

I can get an adapter for a Type 30 to the paintball W21.8 thread quite easy but again I am unsure that they will fill that thread in Canada.

Any thought or suggestions?

Cheers

Google some shops around where you will be moving too. Ask them if they will fill with the adapter or can fill your type 30 cylinder. If they can't/won't then sell before you leave and buy new/used when you get there.

Depending on the bottle you might be able to changeout the valve. That would leave you needing an adaptor from US or Canadian to Type 30. I think they uses the same thread as Soda-stream.
Mark

First check with your shipping company that they will actually ship it, I had to leave two scuba tanks in PNG because the shipping company (Allied Pickfords) refused to ship them, "look guys the valves are open, nothing in them" fell on deaf ears, "company policy mate" was the best they could come up with.

Gplans. Still Scotish had the solution to this thread in the second post. Sell on Gumtree. A couple Co2 regs Type 30 and a Co2 bottle = $100 plus and no hassles shipping. I can only assume you are getting a relocation allowance to consider shipping this gear which is useless in Canuck land!

Latest posts

Back