At Last - A 2 Fermeter Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The King of Spain

Reaction score
Can't believe I have put up with this for 2 years <_< Took all of 20 minutes to rip off the lining and re-attach the outside edge (cut-off) to keep the seal in place.

Can't wait to do some double batches so I can do some meaningfull side-by-side comparasions. Think I'll start with a two lagers, one using a little rice and the other corn. Both taste good on their own but never realy know which one I would prefer.

Bottom shelf needs a little support but the photo gives the idea.

Fridge.JPG

I have done the same and it gives you so much more room hey?
Now cut a piece of ply to sit on the hump,couple of bits of pine for legs at the front,or a few bricks :lol: and you have more room at the top.If you brewed in jerrys you may get four in there.

Good to see someone else likes flashy yuppy fridges as well :lol:

Batz

I have done the same and it gives you so much more room hey?
Now cut a piece of ply to sit on the hump,couple of bits of pine for legs at the front,or a few bricks :lol: and you have more room at the top.If you brewed in jerrys you may get four in there.

Good to see someone else likes flashy yuppy fridges as well :lol:

Batz

Already got the ply :icon_chickcheers:

Hi KOS

Do you mean that you took the shelves of the door? Could you add a bit more detail for technically challenged handymen like myself.

I need more room too. Pils are my favourite and often ties up the fridge for 4-5 weeks. Meanwhile I am champing at the bit to put another brew down.

Cheers
Jimmy

Hi KOS

Do you mean that you took the shelves of the door? Could you add a bit more detail for technically challenged handymen like myself.

I need more room too. Pils are my favourite and often ties up the fridge for 4-5 weeks. Meanwhile I am champing at the bit to put another brew down.

Cheers
Jimmy

If you lift up the door seal a bit there are screws under it,this holds the seal and the molded plastic that forms the selves etc.Unscrew this and get rid of the plastic.use it to mark out your replacement material,I used that pine look-a-like panel.

Batz

If you lift up the door seal a bit there are screws under it,this holds the seal and the molded plastic that forms the selves etc.Unscrew this and get rid of the plastic.use it to mark out your replacement material,I used that pine look like panel.

Batz

You could use a replacement material like Batz suggests, but I am a lazy bugger. I pulled the plastic molded stuff out, layed it on the floor where I could get a go at it, and then cut the outside edge off so I had somthing looking like a picture frame, and then re-fastened it.

You could use a replacement material like Batz suggests, but I am a lazy bugger. I pulled the plastic molded stuff out, layed it on the floor where I could get a go at it, and then cut the outside edge off so I had somthing looking like a picture frame, and then re-fastened it.

Thanks Batz and KOS.

Another brewery project coming on

Bottom shelf needs a little support but the photo gives the idea.

Bricks. pavers or besser blocks are resistant to water and mold and will do the job fine under the ply. If your really anal about appearance, just use some Christmas wrapping on the bricks.

i assume the light inside the fridge is used for heating?

do you have any problems with skunking your beer given the light isn't covered?

have recently done the same thing with my keg fridge , when i built it there was a bit of a rush and i never got around to doing it till now , gotta get some panelling now to cover the insulation wool on the inside of the door panel , will make life much easier keeping the taps tight now that i dont have to battle an egg compartment to do the nut up ...

Back