Asahi Beer Dispenser

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackfish

Reaction score
Those Japs have made a machine that takes all the fun out of pouring.

enjoy

FHG

Last edited by a moderator:
perfect pour every time

If she was only a little more attractive!!!! :p

I don't like the look of that foam pourer in stage two! Reminds me of a cheap cappuccino machine...

Well, it is an interesting video, albeit that I have seen it before. I seem to recall that it just a showpiece used in trade shows and the like.

By the way, I can't let your choice of word to refer to Japanese go unremarked. Surely you are aware of the negative connotations of that word? You might as well refer to Vietnamese people as gooks or Greeks as wogs, and I'm sure you wouldn't do that. In fact, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and suggest you probably don't equate this on the same level as those words. So, the point of this message then is to let you know that some people do. Japanese people are particularly sensitive to it. Just thought I should let you know to hopefully save you future embarrassment.

Well, it is an interesting video, albeit that I have seen it before. I seem to recall that it just a showpiece used in trade shows and the like.

By the way, I can't let your choice of word to refer to Japanese go unremarked. Surely you are aware of the negative connotations of that word? You might as well refer to Vietnamese people as gooks or Greeks as wogs, and I'm sure you wouldn't do that. In fact, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and suggest you probably don't equate this on the same level as those words. So, the point of this message then is to let you know that some people do. Japanese people are particularly sensitive to it. Just thought I should let you know to hopefully save you future embarrassment.

i dont mind being called a POM :lol:

It's a pity it's offensive as it's only a truncation much like Aussie.

True enough Kai. Maybe the term is losing its negative connotations for some people, but not enough to go using it on a public forum like this. That's really all my point is, to just remind people to be a bit thoughtful about their language when posting here. It's a nice friendly place characterized by Ali G type Respect. Let's keep it that way.

Anyway, Asahi Super Dry kind of sucks. Goes alright with a feed, but I prefer my Japanese microbrews ... well, the good ones, that is.

lets not forget lot of japenese bombs were directed at austraila in ww2 before we go slamming the use of the word japs... a fact the japanese themselves fail to teach their children , they like to portray themselves as the innocent and picked on rather than tell the truth about their history...

as kai said next it will be offensive to be called aussie... PAAAALEEEEZE...

anyway back to topic .....
cool beer pourer device love the frother bit at the end ....

wow... people need to lighten up these days.. this media driven society if far too sensitive. "Jap" wasn't used as a racial slur is was merely used to identify a group/race of people. Maybe you should make a complaint to A Current Affair about the racist language used on message boards in this day and age.

anyway, that beer machine looks disgusting. the head is supposed to grow from the bottom, not be dumped on top. if you actually watch one of the other videos of this linked on that page, you can see another one being poured. You will notice that the head doesnt hold to the glass as it should. Looks like they are pouring a flat beer, and half pulling the tap to create a fake head.

howdy all,

I think that machine cools down the beer very low, thatswhy the beer gets a little head only. Id like to operate that machine filled with my Pilsener :) quasi as an espresso machine, standing in the kitchen.

....btw: Im proud to be a Kraut :p

True enough Kai. Maybe the term is losing its negative connotations for some people, but not enough to go using it on a public forum like this. That's really all my point is, to just remind people to be a bit thoughtful about their language when posting here. It's a nice friendly place characterized by Ali G type Respect. Let's keep it that way.

Anyway, Asahi Super Dry kind of sucks. Goes alright with a feed, but I prefer my Japanese microbrews ... well, the good ones, that is.

Yeah, I won't use the term but I don't think it should be wrong. And yes, Asahi sucks, especially when you pay 11 for an ipmerial pint at the lion hotel.

That Asahi robot is a strange invention

Last edited by a moderator:
now that robot is much cooler than the cuppacino machine beer pourer....

This is very similar to the Carlsberg machines I saw at Copenhagen airport last year. The only difference is that they had no "foam spout", the head just developed during the pour.

They looked exactly like postmix machines, just served beer in two predefined sizes.

Latest posts

Back