As if I needed another reason to not buy C.U.B. products.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rally to support these 55 workers who have been bent over by C.U.B is on in Melbourne tomorrow. Starts 11am in the Docklands and marching to Parliament House. Seeya there. I'll be the bloke in the fluro Orange tee shirt [emoji106]

Curly79 said:
The rally to support these 55 workers who have been bent over by C.U.B is on in Melbourne tomorrow. Starts 11am in the Docklands and marching to Parliament House. Seeya there. I'll be the bloke in the fluro Orange tee shirt [emoji106]
One would hope that you are directly impacted and not just another Rent a Crowd member

Wobbly

wobbly said:
One would hope that you are directly impacted and not just another Rent a Crowd member

Wobbly
Ahh, you do understand how unions won the rights we now take for granted, yeah?

Camo6 said:
I dont think that means everyone needs to march and blindly support every workplace dispute? especially those where the union quote snippets only give half the story?

And there are plenty of countries with better employment conditions than us who dont have the same union-praising history

SBOB said:
I dont think that means everyone needs to march and blindly support every workplace dispute?
How else does a labour force get results without withdrawing labour?

Camo6 said:
How else does a labour force get results without withdrawing labour?
so a labour force should be able to just get whatever they want, and if not, take their ball and go home?
If so, then shouldnt an employer of that labour force be equally able to just take their ball and go find some new players?

SBOB said:
so a labour force should be able to just get whatever they want, and if not, take their ball and go home?
If so, then shouldnt an employer of that labour force be equally able to just take their ball and go find some new players?
Sure can. But they'll struggle to reach the ground! Hahaha!

SBOB said:
it's a bit more complicated than that. The work force had negotiated & signed a workplace agreement with the employer 6 months ago which was supposed to last for 3 years. They found a loophole to pull the pin on it and apply an agreement that was not negotiated with the affected workers (or any workers it seems). Besides, the replacement workers are a stop-gap at best. Have a listen to the podcast I linked to.

SBOB said:
I dont think that means everyone needs to march and blindly support every workplace dispute? especially those where the union quote snippets only give half the story?
Especially seeing how the union is treating the people who work for the new contractor. I can't see any reason at all to give them my support when they abuse people going about their legal work.

wobbly said:

Wobbly
Directly impacted?... no I don't work at CUB if that's what you mean. But if these greedy pricks get away this its just another step closer to me, as an employee of a large plumbing company, getting dragged into my bosses office and being told " hey Curly, I know I normally pay you $1,200 a week but I've decided I'm only gunna pay you $400. Here...sign this or **** off ". Directly impacted? Not yet. Rent a crowd? No. Here in victoria we call it solidarity.

Camo6 said:
Your talking about Wobbly here...brother/sister of WEAL, so your time is truly wasted with them

Liam_snorkel said:
it's a bit more complicated than that. The work force had negotiated & signed a workplace agreement with the employer 6 months ago which was supposed to last for 3 years. They found a loophole to pull the pin on it and apply an agreement that was not negotiated with the affected workers (or any workers it seems). Besides, the replacement workers are a stop-gap at best. Have a listen to the podcast I linked to.
Found a loophole or used the loophole that they knew was always an option?

Back