As if I needed another reason to not buy C.U.B. products.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess if we stick together they can go get another time and motion expert.

934.jpg

I'd been meaning to post this here. I love a happy ending! Congrats to the cub 55 and all who supported them!

The name of the game is profit. The easiest way to balance the books in favour of profits is to screw workers down so the balance sheet shows wages and entitlements at a low while maintaining the same (if not more) production and sales. Simple concept, why would you give a shit about the workers if you're still able to make the same $$$. Much the same as we do with our brewing calculators, adjust here and there to get the acceptable outcome.
It's a story played out through and though since the industrial age started to evolve.

Hopefully they came to a satisfactory agreement. Either way, it's a decisive win for any Australian worker.
But damned if I'll spend another cent buying CUB products.

Viva la revolution.

Haha! I did like the odd MB. Cheers, I'll try and arrange a time to drop in.

Is that like he congratulated the train drivers on their hard fought and deserved pay and conditions?

This thread has a strong Evelyn Beatrice Hall periphrasis feel about it. "I disapprove of beer you produce, but I will defend to the death your right to brew it".

You have to ask why C.U.B. started this off in the first place, they are managed by professionals who know exactly what the consequences would be when they orchestrated pulling the pin on the original contract agreement, cold weather beer sales at the lowest point, they saved money, weather warms up, beer sales climb, come on back to your jobs we were only kidding.

I notice the union negotiators aren't crowing about the wage the maintenance crew are going to get in their future pay packets, so I would doubt its the same,and it definitely wont be more be more.
Winners and losers. Maintenance crew along with their families on the grass for all that time are the losers.
If C.U.B. lost money, which I doubt, we shall soon know, if the beer prices go up or they reduce the capacity of a bottle.
And the investors well they have to be looked after we wouldn't want them cashing out their money and investing in Estonia or some other Eastern block country.

The train drivers had their strike in November, January Metro put the fares up an average of 6% so losers are again Joe Public, does it bother me, no, as long as nobody tries dipping their bread in my soup.

Metro have an "annual fare adjustment" every January. I can't see them ever adjusting it down no matter what the train drivers do.

6 months on the grass picketing thats a huge effort

These are family people & that would have strained their relationships

CUB tried to reduce their alcohol level in VB but caused a backlash never worked

If I was a shareholder I'de be pissed with the top end & want its head

Why couldn't they have negotiated in the first place

If the machinery of capitalism is oiled by the blood of the workers, maybe CUB could start using/making actual drinkable beer instead.

wide eyed and legless said:
as long as nobody tries dipping their bread in my soup.
Or uses a very long straw to drink your milkshake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb9yu6dljAU

wide eyed and legless said:
I notice the union negotiators aren't crowing about the wage the maintenance crew are going to get in their future pay packets, so I would doubt its the same,and it definitely wont be more be more.
Without a doubt. If they were getting the same or more the people of Estonia would have heard by now. Still, if they've retained an eba they'll still come out the victors. Until they shut the site down, that is.

Or they could produce a good beer make less profit

Word gets out , they sell more & make just as much

Then they could wind it back if they dare

Personally, in the grand scheme of things, I doubt it cost CUB much at all realistically. They are making 100's of millions, and a little spat like would be SFA

I bet they where more worried about the facebook persecution

They can produce the beer cheaper in Queensland due to reduced labour costs. They'd import it all if they thought we would buy it.

Back