As if I needed another reason to not buy C.U.B. products.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wide eyed and legless said:
Bridges, when it all boils down a balance has got to be met, understanding that there are people out there who invest their hard earned money in a company must have a return, not should, but must, otherwise the invested money will go where it will get a return, the world is a small place and if investments are attractive overseas that is where the money will end up.
Companies have a right to award contracts where it seems fit, you don't know nor do I what those contracts have written into them, I can't imagine a company tendering for a contract writing in what they will be paying the employees who are to carry out the work, it just doesn't make sense, so why would a union picket a company over the said contract.
Yes, but contracts can also be written that they must only use qualified people and pay award wages and penalties, super...etc..etc. This takes the onus off them and onto the contractor, and if the contractor is found not to it could end up very costly. Big Biz will cover there ass bigtime

Bridges, when it all boils down a balance has got to be met, understanding that there are people out there who invest their hard earned money in a company must have a return, not should, but must, otherwise the invested money will go where it will get a return, the world is a small place and if investments are attractive overseas that is where the money will end up.
Companies have a right to award contracts where it seems fit, you don't know nor do I what those contracts have written into them, I can't imagine a company tendering for a contract writing in what they will be paying the employees who are to carry out the work, it just doesn't make sense, so why would a union picket a company over the said contract.
Consultant engineer here. Every time and expense contract we agree to has rates for people, roles and key personnel.

All fixed fee contracts under a panel have rates against the program. (Well, all is fairly broad - but certainly more than an imagination)

Does seem strange to me, but then again I was into buying and selling, and I'm not likely to say to someone I bought this for $2.00 but you can have it for $12.00 am I.
By that earlier reasoning you should mate. "Must make a return"

How about this thread finds its way to the cot. It's come a fair way and it doesn't have the afterglow that this much effort should yield.

An emotional investment without the mandatory return. I'll go to the overseas thread to invest.

Just kidding. I admire your endurance WEAL.

What's next on the funny videos thread?

Ducatiboy stu said:
The man is an athlete....
Must be all the raw eggs. Caged of course, not free range. Who cares how someone else treats them as long as they cost less.

I prefer free range. The chickens are more healthy. I have nine chickens and they cost me a bit up front but they are great pets and the kids and I treat them well. We all care about them. They're only caged at night time but that is to keep the possums out.

Did you know that the possums were getting into their cage and it was stressing them out. Well, guess what, I closed that last gap in the frame the chickens were much happier. We started getting 5 eggs a day instead of 2.

How about that? Golly. Such a blessed outcome.

So you took away any outside influence on your chickens working conditions? How did they sign the contract?

Camo6 said:
So you took away any outside influence on your chickens working conditions? How did they sign the contract?
He didn't need a signature..they were just happy to turn up to work.

zorsoc_cosdog said:
Did you know that the possums were getting into their cage and it was stressing them out. Well, guess what, I closed that last gap in the frame the chickens were much happier. We started getting 5 eggs a day instead of 2.
Hell, big brushies stress ME out. I had one go at me once when I was trying to get it out of the garage. Those claws can grip hard and do some damage. One used to come in through the cat door and then freak out and bash around the house at 1AM. That was fun. I wish we could usher them on to the next life here in VIC. I blame reptilian CUB delivery guys.

madpierre06 said:
He didn't need a signature..they were just happy to turn up to work.
For the same amount of feed yeah?

zorsoc_cosdog said:
I prefer free range. The chickens are more healthy. I have nine chickens and they cost me a bit up front but they are great pets and the kids and I treat them well. We all care about them. They're only caged at night time but that is to keep the possums out.

How about that? Goly. Such a blessed outcome.
Finding a regular supply of food and shelter in urban areas, fox population densities in Australian cities are now higher than that of the surrounding rural areas.
http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2010/01/07/2787351.htm

And in the end, the way I feel about this thread is exactly the same as how I feel about C.U.B.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Hate them chicken eating Possums
Quolls are bastards. They look a lot like possums but will destroy your chickens over night.
They kill one, eat a certain part of it then kill the next one & so on.

Yep. Quolls bite the necks out of chickens, so do Phascogales... Had a few chickens get attacked by them

Back